cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Beginning Day 2

october2001
0 8 105

I made it through the night.  It was lonely, it was cold, it was terrible...Just kidding...I was ok.  My hubby and I both made it together.  We swore at the videogames and kept out of each others hair.  It took forever to get to sleep.  I also noticed my fingers are swollen.  I did sleep ok after I fell asleep at 3 am.  My hubby is making us all a big breakfast and I am taking our daughter to get some bakery.  She still has not noticed that mom and dad are not smoking anymore.  HAHAHA, I am guessing it will be Monday before she does.  My hubby had to take off his wedding ring this morning because he is so swollen,,,what the french toast?     We both are sucking down water like camels storing it in a hump for a trek through the desert.   Any suggestions?   When will that lovely symptom go away?

8 Comments
angie87

I'm going on day two and am also feeling bloated, even though I'm drinking tons of water. My stomach has been fussy and i'm HUNGRY all the time. But I'm also on bupropion and nearing that time of the month so that probably has something to do with it...

Have a good day two!

Thomas3.20.2010
Don't forget Cranberry Juice and cut your caffeine in half! This stuff gets better each day you make it - as long as you KEEP GOING! If you allow yourself to slip you will simply be prolonging your agony!
maggie_8-1-2010

Has your salt intake increased? Well, I'm just happy for the two of you! Way to go.....

Strudel

Congrats to you both! I didn't have the swelling - but did have tingling in my fingers (from increased blood flow I read - so that sounded like a good thing!!). Hope it imporves soon....probably is all the water....

coffeecats34

Good Luck to you, remember, it takes 72 hours for the nicotine to leave your system, i'm on the 5th day, I already smell things again, breathe better, and I don't think about it every second, You can do it...Hang in there, If you need support, find me, I'll help if I can 🙂

violet4

u have support.. Fantastic!  Each other ♥ and ur daughter will b so proud too when she notices !         LOL....... The sleeping part will get better, promise. It took me about three weeks but it could of been my emotional garbage too...

loveoflyfe43

You're going through Hell Week now! It will get better, and the withdrawal symptoms will go away.  I used the patch for a couple days, then stopped because it irritated my skin...after 17 days, the cravings are still there, not as frequent though and i fight through them by breathing and stretching.  My daughters didn't notice, because I tried not smoke in front of them, thinking I was doing them a favor, but I was still smoking in the home where they lived.  You and your husband made the right decision.  HANG IN THERE!  IT WILL GET BETTER! PROTECT YOUR QUIT!

october2001

We are having some ups and downs today.  I do not drink any caffeine.  I quit that awhile ago.  I have been drinking lots of water but I always have.  I weighed myself and I have not gained weight so I am thinking that it is the tingling in the fingers from increased blood flow.  I have no problem getting my rings on and off.  I have not increased salt either.  I guess it is just part of my body recovering.  Thank you all for the support!!!  I appreciate it!!