Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Been three weeks!

gmailuser
2 6 258

Hi all! 

I know I’ve been writing lately about my depression getting worse since quitting, but I think I need to stop and appreciate that I’m now three weeks vape-free and feeling confident in my quit. Before I started I didn’t believe I could do it, but with sufficient NRT and willingness (and giving myself two days off from class at the start) I managed to kick the addiction out for three whole weeks! I’m almost out of step 2 patches and it’s down to step 1 next. My lozenges are running low and once they’re out I’ll “step down” to gum at a lower mg that I have waiting in the wings. I wish I had found this community the day I quit but better late than never! 

I do have to be careful and vigilant. I am sorry to say that I’ll likely be tempted on the Saturday after thanksgiving as I’ll be heading home and have plans to see a group of my friends from home that night. They all vape but I’m feeling optimistic that I will be able to ride out any temptation, maintain NOPE, and hopefully feel a bit bad for them in a way. I know for a fact that most of them want to quit but I’m the only one who’s been able (and willing) to actually do it. Lozenges will help and if I really need to, I can take a break and post a blog on here for support that night. I’m looking forward to seeing them in person (we play games online 3x a month) but a little worried about the temptation. However, that is still almost two weeks away and I will be feeling even stronger by then. I just don’t want to feel overconfident in my quit. It seems to have been a bit easier during h3ll week for me than for some folks, likely because I only vaped for a year before quitting. And, I suspect, the nature of the vape being almost anywhere, anytime was both a factor making it more addictive (I got used to vaping all day every few minutes) and a factor making it easier to quit because vaping so often removes any nicotine high after only a short time vaping, for me at least. 

Sorry for the wall of words! 

6 Comments