cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Been MIA, thought I'd drop by say hi

trish4801
7 8 147

Well, this is the 3rd time I started this post, lol. I leave it to go do something it disappears. 

Last I was here I was thinking about taking my ex bosses up on helping out at my job before I retired. I did end up going back part time. 24 hours a week, then 30 hours a week, then 32 hours. I'm now up to 36. Told my boss, if your going to work me full-time then pay me full-time. At 67 I'm doing good, so might as well go to work. I do have RA, I'm always in a bit of pain. But sitting at home made it worse. 

I, also did find an RV/motorhome for 22,000. 2005 Winnebago ADVENTURER 38J. It's 38 feet long. My sister was going to help us get it home and train me to drive it. But a week after I went back to work ended up with Covid. The day I started feeling bad, her and I had gone to Olive Garden to eat. That evening I started feeling bad. Got a test and it was positive. 2 days later she had it. We both stayed inside for 10 days to clear it. We also both ended up with breathing problems from it. She ended up with blood clots in lungs and couldn't help bring RV home. My wonderful brother flew from Phoenix Arizona to help me. I gave him $1000 because I know times are tough. He didn't ask for anything. 

Went to get RV, which is a very long story, needless to say it is not quite home yet. Took 2 days to get from mid Kansas to New Holland Pennsylvania. The RV was everything I wanted. It took us 15qts of oil to get to Wentzville Missouri. That morning my brother thought he saw water in the oil. We were done. Called an RV place who gave us the number of the mechanic that works on their units. We called them and told them the long story. The mechanic we talked to tried to help us find a tow, but no one would tow it. He told us we were only 24 miles from him and to top off the oil and drive it to them. He said we weren't going to hurt anymore then we already have. So we did. We lift it with him, he did explain they were backed up but that he would get to it as soon as he could. It's been a month, he did call me this week to tell me what he thinks it could be. He also said in a couple weeks he would have answers for me. During this trip I did name her as I was entering the coach. I patted the wall and said "it will be OK Jenny" after naming her, yeah it will.

So I will close now with a few photos from the trip. 

20231029_234641.jpg

 part of the bedroom 

20231029_234651.jpg

 husband checking out things

20231029_233608.jpg

 my brother amazed by the room

20231029_233625.jpg

 the kitchen area

20231029_181055.jpg

 the RV driving in front of me

image000000.jpg

 me driving still in pj's for comfort

Stay strong and true to yourself as I will stay strong and true to myself. We've got this!

8 Comments
About the Author
I'm a grandma of 20 grandkids. Some are step grandkids but makes them no different. I'm recently retired from Hostess Brands think Twinkies. I'm quitting because I want to see all my grandkids grow up and be here for them.