cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Be thankful for what we have things can always be worse

retire2014
0 2 10

I joined the group early my start date not until 1/28/13. I am trying to follow suggestions and getting involved . The group name caught my attention. I feel that we do have so much to be grateful for and rarely do we give thanks for all the gifts in our life. I have over come some big issues this past year and 1/28/13 is time to take a last big obstacle on. I always told my sons that regardless of what hand life may have dealt you or how bleak things may appear they can always be worse and everyone has problems. So I say let's give gratitude and appreciation for the things that we do have and just enjoy the simple splendors in life that we take for granted.

I do feel that showing gratitude daily for a couple things in our life is a great way to start your day. We are vertical and breathing alone knocks off 2 of the 5 just by waking up each morning. It is a good way to put karma on your side and move forward with a positive mental attitude. If we allow negativity in we have lost the battle so let's give up gratitude each morning for the world in general and all of us fighting the good fight in improving our lives one day at a time.

2 Comments