cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Be a shining example to others.....

anacondahead
0 4 8

Well, here I am at almost 8 months smoke-free after my cold-turkey quit and I find out I am the 'role model' to my smoking friends. I don't feel much like a role model  - I just want to live - but if it helps just one person kick the habit, I'll be one.

I just heard by e-mail from a friend that her friend is in desperate need of quitting - coughing & hacking constantly, mid-50s, everything hurts  - not a good situation. They suggested the Mayo Clininc plan to her and she became very angry. Then, she agreed to go. They formed kind of an 'intervention' on her.

I hope she makes it work for herself. I hope she makes it her choice and quits for herself, no one else.

I hope......

4 Comments
sheri10

You're also a role model for us, too!  You are a voice of reason when we want to be unreasonable and a cheerleader when we are depressed.  Thank You so much for all you do!!

By the way, I am extremely proud of you, too!  Take Good Care of Yourself!!  Sheri

prissiee

Today is 22 days for me. ive quit before but never got past the  18th day so feeling good about it right now. iats stopped for am using hard candy and worried about weight but have to make this smoking problem more important  I am inpressed with the blogger that has stopped for 8 months but wondering if thay still crave them? Popably will for the rist of or lives...or after years of being a non smoker i know this is one of the hardest things i have done.

va72lady

Bless her heart...I pray it works also..congrats on your 8 months quit..stay strong...Shirley

melanie26

You are a role model for us too! Ditto! YOu have great advice and I do listen when you speak - we all want someone to look up to for strength and encouragement, I hope someday it might be me ppl look up to - "if she can do it, so can I"... we are all the same... thanks for your blog! I will be praying for your friends as well - hoping with you.....