Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Bad news I lit up today.

Loretta39410
4 24 498

Hello everyone 

I started smoking today cold turkey does not cut it for me....

I am going to be a wimp and use the patch, sorry I disappointed the kind people who were helping me with encouraging words.

24 Comments
Cousin-Itt

You learned from you mistake and you're moving on and not giving up nothing to be disappointed about

Throwing the towel in and giving up completely might be a different story

Loretta39410

Thank you

Maki

That's not being a whimp , and that wouldn't discourage me from supporting you at all . 

Remember temptation is temptation and you can't smoke what you don't have , buy , bum or borrow . The way out is through . 

Try a few times coming here and posting in the times when you are struggling , not when things are going good . Some people get it in their head that to be strong you shouldn't post . That is the farthest thing from the truth . 

sweetplt

@Loretta39410 Be sure to get rid of smoking items when you start your quit date…NRT’s can work great Loretta, be sure to follow the directions.  Don’t give up…and continue to find things to do in place of smoking…especially come here before you light up, so we can try to talk you down… 

~ Colleen 1131 DOF 

Barbscloud

@Loretta39410 I find this very disturbing that you think you're a wimp because you don't feel you can quit cold turkey.  I hope weren't meant to feel that way because of comments on this site because it's wrong and only contributes to a quitters lack of success.  There are  successful quitters here that have used an aid and are proud of the end result - we're ex smokers.  This type of misinformation  is one of the main reasons I haven't been participating as much recently.

In fact, more people are successful with NRT and support.

Here's some information I compiled on NRT and there's are some good posts  under the the Mayo Clinic also.

Nicotine Replacement - Yes or No? - EX Community

Begin your journey again and do it your way.

Barb

sweetplt

@Barbscloud So glad to see you Barb…miss you around this place…

~ hugs Colleen 

Loretta39410

Hi it is nothing that was said on here trust me. But I had to honest with everyone.

And you people are awesome. I am just sorry I started again, but as I stated I will need the patch for a bit.

I so wish cold turkey would have done it.

Thanks for your support,

Loretta

Maki

I hope you stay @Barbscloud . Everyone's input is valuable to every quitter here imo and we all take what helps and do what we think best for our own personal journeys .

I found many of your posts helped me and some not , just the same as my posts may help one person and hundreds not but I think we all value each other as fellow quitters not professionals but Ex smokers and can agree that everyone cares about their fellow quitter to post something . 

Do stay .. you are a matter of fact person I think , and I like reading your posts and research ands you help so many . 

green1611

Welcome @Loretta39410 

All the best .. stay connected.

You can you will !

freeneasy

I couldn’t have done it cold turkey either. You’re disappointed but there’s no shame on a failed quit attempt. Most people don’t do it on the 1st round. Rethink your plan and start over. I used NRTs patch, gum, lozenges. Wellbutrin. You just need to figure out what works for you and stick with it.

Kimshine

Get back on the horse with your patches  or whatever NRT you decide to use.

Unfortunately, this is part of the journey. It is very difficult for an addict not to introduce their choice of drug into their system. A well thought out plan will help and to really understand addiction and what you're dealing with. It's no walk in the park for most of us. I have  Heard of "happy quitters", but not many.

I used 14 mg patches. My first 4 days quit and I found them irritating. They kept rolling up and sliding around and it just felt gross to me.  If nothing else, I'm sure they took the edge off a bit those four days  even though I cried like a toddler every day for almost a month or more.

@Barbscloud I wish you were commenting and participating more also. You were here when I quit March 10, 2018. You were someone bI looked for when I came back here this past November. You are valuable here!❤️

Barbscloud

@Maki  "I found many of your posts helped me and some not".  You do have option not to read them, just as I do.

Barb 

Maki

I should rephrase ..my apologies if it's misunderstood but I'm sure this likely applies to all of us .. I should not name names ... I'm really speaking in general .. that is wrong way .  I am  sorry .

"I found many of your posts helped me and some not , just the same as my posts may help one person and hundreds not but I think we all value each other as fellow quitters not professionals but Ex smokers and can agree that everyone cares about their fellow quitter to post something . " I referred to myself as well . Goodness 

I hesitated responding but I do like your posts and that's the truth and I want you to keep posting because I like them and many many help me . I do read them because they are knowledgeable . 

If you continue reading 

I like reading your posts and research ands you help so many .

. I find you smart and your posts help me . 

My apology to the author . Pm me @Barbscloud @if you like . 

Loretta39410

I will not fail tomorrow I have the patches. 

If anything I am disappointed in myself, but I have to prove it to myself.

Trust me you will see a difference in me.

Barbscloud

@Loretta39410  You got the right attitude.  You can only be a success.

Stay close.

Barb

JuJuCFruit

I’ve missed you too @Barbscloud , and this group.

So many helpful comments here!

indingrl

e330d0fd5920c11d13b552bddeadc54f264fe6c374ec7b3afb2d8b3cbaf45a3d.0.png

No worries @Loretta39410 you are not alone in smoking again.

When a crave hits grab a lemon and bite into it peel and all - it busts craves!

Barbscloud

@Loretta39410  Good morning.  How is it going this morning?

Barb

Loretta39410

Going pretty good, just had a bad night with 3 year granddaughter. Then on top of that the top of my foot ached burned no clue what's going on there. I guess if it continues see  Dr kind of 😳

Barbscloud

@Loretta39410 

Barbscloud_0-1629203294943.png

Barb

tracy0924

@Loretta39410 I don’t know if you have already set a new quit date or have already quit again, but using the patch is definitely not a bad thing. I used patches for several months while quitting as well as using nicotine gum on a sporadic basis. In fact I quit the patches over a month ago but I am going through an extremely stressful time right now and felt that I might smoke so I put a patch on yesterday. I knew that it was better than lighting up a cigarette. There is no shame in using NRT! Just make sure that you have a plan for quitting. If you’ve already tried cold turkey then I’m sure you have put together your EX plan and have your strategy laid out. I would agree with whoever above said that you should post more online for support. We are here for you whether you are doing great or whenever you need help! Post before you smoke so that we can help talk you through it. I’ve done it several times and this wonderful community has gotten me through. You can do this!🤗🤗

Tracy 108DOF💕

Loretta39410

Hello,

I know I should post more and I am sorry I have not. I will try to do more, I am just under a lot of stress, only a few people know what I am going through right now. And I am not going to lay my stress on this site, it's about smoking on here. I wish I could vent.

But you have a great day .

Linda239

No you are NOT a wimp!  YOU do whatever it takes to keep your quit.  Don't worry what everyone else it saying, they are not you.  I know all the people who say it is a "wimp" thing to do have quit whatever way they could, if they did at all.  Just hang in there and You do You!

tracy0924

@Loretta39410 you can vent all you like on here! Believe me it helps! Whatever it takes to keep your quit. I can’t count the amount of times that I have vented and talked about my stress load. That’s what this site is for… to keep you from smoking. And if venting helps you do that then go for it! Whatever you feel comfortable talking about and whatever you feel you need support through, lay it on us. We are here to help. Our goal is to keep you from picking up those nasty cancer sticks and that means whatever it takes.

keep posting and keep strong! Don’t smoke! Hugs your way🤗🤗

Tracy

About the Author
I grew up in . Milwaukee,Wi I love animals have 2dogs 4 cats and a double yellow head parrot.