cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Bad Weather

troy11
0 3 2

We are having some bad weather where I live in Colorado and back in the day I would smoke a cigar to pass the time. Instead I took the challenge and went fishing in the windy rain. I stayed out there for about an hour until the wind got the best of me. No I did not smoke a cigar so I am still smoke free. Now I am at the public library using a study room to do some computer work so that when I get home I can use the time to read mor of Allen Carr's book. It is amazing to me that I am find other things to do other than smoking those nasty cigarettes. Today seems to be alright with the exception of the thoughts of smoking. That is why I am trying to find other things to do with my free time. Get to pick up the grand daughter in about an hour and I hope that I can get her into my truck fast enough without getting her to wet. The challenge is going to get her into my house because there is a lot of dirt where I live and she loves to jump into puddles of water. If she does I will just have to clean up the mud that she gets into the house,no problem. I am now on day 12 of being smoke free and of course I an still having a bit of trouble but I am now trying to put positive rhoughts into my head when I get cravings or pangs. I am starting to taste more of the food that I eat and the Colorado Quitline is still being a big help just like this website is. It is great that there are people that I am able to talk to whenever I need to. I still appreciate the positive feed back that I get from here. I read every single response that I get in my e-mail box and it gives me something to look forward to every time that I blog. The bad weather is nice because we need to rain. I enjoy the cloudy cold weather anyway compared to the clear hot summer days. Being in a hot desert for a year does that to a person. That is why I want to move up north where it is cooler during the summer time. Alaska is sounding rather nice because I have heard that the fishing there is awesome. Gotta stay positive with my quit some how.

3 Comments