cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Bad Day

cookie804
0 18 74

I was going to the gym this morning but I never made it. My back started hurting really really bad for no reason at all. I knew the gym would not be in my best interest. Guess maybe I am having a pity party. I am just so tired of hurting that I feel like screaming. cookie curled up on the couch where the pain was in my back and I could feel her little heart beating. With chronic pain like this that is 24/7 I sometimes wonder how can I keep going. I am miserable and nobody can help me. God must have His reasons but that does not mean I have to like to  but I have to accept it. If I could have one day, just one without chronic pain I would be so thankful. I guess the older I get my ability to deal with pain is not what it used to be. Ok I will shut up now and pity party over.

18 Comments
Ms.J_11-10-2013

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Gentle Hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

xoxoxo

Jackie

Barbara145

You are still a new quitter.  Be gentle with yourself.  You are going to have bad days. Emotional pain or physical pain are more easily tolerated when we feel good.  You will feel good again.  I like your idea of a heating pad!!

Deena-A-Yenni

I was thinking of you today while I was out with my parents running errands.  Perhaps a warm bath would bring some relief.  I know Cookie is in tune to you and your needs.  They are so remarkable.

MarilynH

Better days are ahead, sending good thoughts up for you. .....

summer-07-06-15

Glad you have your dog to help you get thru the pain, remember your going thru NML's

and you don't want have to start all over again on day 1. We wil do this. Besides the smoking won't help the pain.

Tomorrow Might Be Yours

YoungAtHeart

Sending some TLC your way.  Pity and pamper yourself all you need, just don't smoke over it! 

Soak in this hug from me to you!

promise_judy

I am sooo sorry. Sending both of you a hugs.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs to Both of you))))))))))))))))))))))

XOXO

Jennifer-Quit

So sorry to hear you are feeling bad - do you think you overdid it yesterday chasing the stray dog?  Hope you are feeling better soon!

JRC

Carolyn sending soft gentle hugs your way. I will pray that you will find relief from the pain.

JonesCarpeDiem

pain is a pain.

don't ask me but i know.

hugs

healthy4life

johio

I am sorry you are hurting....

suzanne41

Feel better, Carolyn! 

((((((Hugs))))))

FreedAgain

I LOVE YOU!

Giulia

I've only been in that kind of pain a couple of times - with my neck.  It's constant.  So I have a glimpse of what you're going through.  It affects every waking moment of your life.  And there seems to be no escape.  Smoking, of course, would not alleviate it.  Keep seeking remedies.  But also know that sometimes the body will eventually heal itself.  It IS after all a self-healing God creation.   Just to throw out an example:  I've had a tooth that I couldn't chew on for over a year it was so painful (hot/cold/pressure).  Dental checks didn't reveal anything in xray.  Suggestion was a hairline crack that couldn't be seen.  Whatever it was,  I couldn't eat on the left side of my mouth.  So I didn't.  One day a couple of months ago I realized I could.  That it no longer hurt.  I'm not yet totally convinced that my body healed itself, and I'm trying now to retrain myself to chew on that side.  My point is - don't lose faith.  

freeneasy

Hope you feel better soon!

Magstoyou

Hope you feel better soon Carolyn!!

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))

Mag447d

karen230

Oh, so sorry, Caroline. I sure hope you will have a better day today. I am very glad you have Cookie to give you love and warmth. I will send lots of hugs and prayers.