cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Back to square one

jonilou
0 22 199

It seems that my dependence on a drug (zyban, chantix) has also been a crutch and a deterrent to actually getting my MIND right, so it's back to square one. I pulled out my copy of Allen Carr's Easy Way and am actually going to read it and refresh my memory about nicotine addiction. I know I fit into the "serial quitter" category in many people's minds. I try very hard not to take offense at that title, because during my lovely 5 year quit, I probably looked at some people's stuggles the very same way.

I've not done the HARD work in the few short lived quits I've had since then. So now the work begins. I visited www.quitsmokingonline recently and remember that it helped me in the early days of reading, reading and more reading. So I've not set a hard date yet. For those of you that are willing to put up with this serial quitter as she starts out yet again, I am thankful. 

Any other information that anyone recommends would also be welcome. Whyquit.com is very helpful too, I seem to remember. I will visit regularly and keep you up to date in this effort. Thank you for your patience.

22 Comments
RachelMB

It is amazing to see you!  I'm so glad you are here!  No judgement from me my friend-we have all been there.    I'm here to support you in anyway that I can.  Please let me know how I can help and I will be right there.   Remember you CAN do this and you're worth the struggle.

Rachel

Jennifer-Quit

You are always welcome here!  I am so very happy to see you back!  Let me know if I can help!

elvan

Joni, I was thinking of you last night and wondering if the new site had scared you off...I am so sorry to hear that you are back to square one.  You know that the only way out is through, I don't think there are any miracle cures for addiction, ANY addiction.  We ARE here for you and we all love you so much and wish that you did not have to go through this again.  You deserve so much more.  I hope you can figure out what went wrong this last time and be prepared.  

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Ellen

ShawnP

Here is a bunch of link and 2 more ebooks.

/blogs/ShawnP-blog/2017/01/28/welcome-to-our-community 

constanceclum

Hi Joni, I am just on day 4. We can support each other again and this time, we'll get 'er done!

Daniela2016

Welcome Back Joni, we missed you!  Please let us know how can we better help you!  You've already received a lot of good information, but you might now know we now have EX-Café The EX Café Thur 02.09.17‌ where you can grab a cup of coffee, and meet a lot of people!!!!

JACKIE1-25-15

Praying for your recovery from nicotine addiction.  It does my heart good to see you again.  Glad to know you are willing to do the work for a forever quit.  You will find support here. 

Thomas3.20.2010

Yea!

You know I've always believed in you, Joni!

I want you to believe in yourself

and show the World who Smoke FREE Joni is!

bonniebee

Happy to see you Connie !

bonniebee

Hi Joni Welcome back ! Have you ever tried the patch ? It worked well for me but also for the long haul you must make the commitment to NOPE ! 

Strudel

Joni - Your honesty is so important. I know you can do this - please believe it! 

jonilou

Thank you Rachel, for your good thoughts and encouragement.

jonilou

Yes, Jennifer, thank you for your offer of help. I will probably need everyone's help, at least for the first few weeks!

jonilou

Yes, Ellen, I have been soul searching non-stop for recent days, and came to the conclusion that I needed to start at the beginning, to read and remind my addicted brain just exactly what the TRUTH is! The site is still tricky for me, but at least I know where to find you and all the other wonderful friends and encouragers! You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for your welcoming heart.

jonilou

Shawn, THANK YOU for all of these  links. They are truly hope and life to understand the addiction for what it is and cigarettes for what they are, soul sucking, nicotine delivery sticks. Going to get my mind right! Thanks again!

jonilou

Hello Connie! So happy to see you! Yes, we can and will do this together. I'm so happy to see you!

jonilou

Hi Daniela! Yes, I will see you at the cafe! Lots of reading to do, but a lot of that will be done right here on this site. Thank you for the welcome!

jonilou

Hi Jackie! Glad to see you are here and your support is much needed. I am addicted to nicotine. I have faced that and am ready to get well and get this nicotine addled brain well and whole again. Thank you!

jonilou

Thank you Thomas! You have always been such an encouragement to me! So glad to see you here and helping us! We certainly need you! 

jonilou

Hi Kathy, yes, I need to believe in myself and that I can do it. I know that with God's help and the wonderful wisdom and support here, I WILL do it! Thank you Kathy!

YoungAtHeart

Welcome back!

You aren't a failure until you stop trying!

In your prep work, please try to recall what contributed to your failed attempts before.  You might actually find a pattern!  Was it an emotion, an association, a trigger?  Identify each and the plan ahead of time what you will do differently THIS time.
Let me know how I can help you make this your FINAL quit!

Nancy

Giulia

/blogs/jonilou-blog/2015/10/11/bettys-change-of-plans-froguelady   Bettty is no longer with us.  Something to think about.  Seriously, Joni.