cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Back home again for the weekend.

tjanddj
0 9 2

Back home for the weekend again. Having limited internet is no fun. I do try to get on this site while at the cancer center at the hospital while waiting for my son . Have access to the internet with my phone there. Not easy for me as I am constantly clicking on the wrong buttons. but I mangage to read some of the blogs. I am going to check out one of those mobile hotspot devices and try to find a plan with unlimited data.

I am pleased to say that I am still smoke free and still enjoy being smoke free. My son is still smoke free, Yippy! My husband, well, he is still smoking, the one that struggles to breath still smokes. Sad.

My son, Matthew, is still tolerating his radiation and chemo treatment. My son of course had to find something positive about his radiation treatment. (beside the possibility it is killing his cancer cells).

He had me rub is head today so that I can feel the smoothness of his head where the radiation rays are directed on his head and compare it to the other side of his head, yes it had stubbles. Now he wants his whole head done with radiation. My boy with sense of humor still at it.It does break my heart to see him in his low moments, the crying, the sorrow, it hurts me deeply but we do get through those moments. We find the courage, the hope, to keep going forward.

Don't let smoking be an option for you. Find the willingness, the determination and make a commitment to stop and remain smoke free. Live life to its fullest. Don't smoke your life away.

Become free, stay free.

9 Comments
About the Author
I am a Nutritarian. My smoking quit date 2/12/2015. Quit smoking is my newest chapter in my healthy lifestyle journey. My healthy lifestyle journey begain 2/12/2014. I have enjoyed this journey, it is full of wonderful benefits! I am looking forward to all the wonderful benefits from becoming a non smoker. I am 60 and retired. I have a daughter and a son. I have one grandson and 2 granddaughters.   In Memory of my husband 4/26/1957 - 5/17/2016 SAVE A LIFE - LET IT BE YOURS My son Matthew. Will never to be forgotten. Will be loved always and His light will shine in my heart forever. 10/16/1985 - 3/24/2018