cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Back again

jerrymc
0 12 136

My insurance company is again making go through this process in order to not have to pay a penalty.  So I am back to complete my requirement for this year.  Frustrating.

12 Comments
Jennifer-Quit

Just curious - how does your insurance company know that you are here?  You mean you can post one blog and save the penalty?  Does not sound very frustrating to me......

jerrymc

No, i have to go through the process and earn all of the badges and send them a screen shot with a form stating that I completed the program. 

Giulia

Do you even have a desire to quit?

JonesCarpeDiem

that group badge is going to be tough.  🙂

JonesCarpeDiem

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/jonescarp.aka.dale.jan_2007

that's an introduction to what this is all about

maryfreecig

"He who is convinced against his will is of the same opinion still."

I'm sorry to hear that you care more about your insurance penalty cost, than the cost of the cigarettes.

jerrymc

I quit once before for 10 years.  I know that in order to quit, that I have to be ready and want it.  I am getting close to that and I think that this will be a valuable resource when that time comes.  But, I also know that if you try to quit before you want it, it is doomed to failure.

YoungAtHeart

Actually, you don't have to want to quit - but you must be WILLING to quit.  They really are a bit different.  I hope you will join us again when you are willing. 

Nancy

OxfordComa

Take care, Jerry. It's a hard journey, regardless of your reasons. We're here to help, but you know that the only way you can succeed is you. You obviously know how, if you went a decade without smoking! You can do it again 🙂

TerrieQuit

I did not know that there was a form stating that you had completed the program! I have been here over a year andI won't feel that the program is complete until I die a former smoker! I hope you will come back and join us on our journey and make it your journey, too!

Don't Quit on your Quit!

Sootie

Nancy (youngatheart) is correct...........think about it this way.......NO ONE....NO ONE wishes they were a smoker.

Gosh----I wish I was a smoker!!!! Ridiculous!!

Even when we were smoking and thought we enjoyed it (and yes---that's a lie also---no one really enjoys it and you come to realize that when you quit) but even then....we didn't really want to be a smoker......spend $8.00+ per day? Smell? Have to be a pariah in today's society? Have even small children say.......smoking is bad for you? No...no one wants to be a smoker.

Everyone really wants to be a non smoker........BUT----they do not want to go through the "quit process". They are afraid it is awful, agonizing, terrible, impossible.........but it is not. It is difficult. Anything worth doing usually is. But, it is not impossible and with support, can be done.

I hope you quit and not just for the insurance but for YOU. I also quit for a long time and started again. I have 6 almost 7 years quit now..... BUT....had I kept my first quit ,I would have had almost 40 years quit. 

Sootie

Nancy (youngatheart) is correct...........think about it this way.......NO ONE....NO ONE wishes they were a smoker.

Gosh----I wish I was a smoker!!!! Ridiculous!!

Even when we were smoking and thought we enjoyed it (and yes---that's a lie also---no one really enjoys it and you come to realize that when you quit) but even then....we didn't really want to be a smoker......spend $8.00+ per day? Smell? Have to be a pariah in today's society? Have even small children say.......smoking is bad for you? No...no one wants to be a smoker.

Everyone really wants to be a non smoker........BUT----they do not want to go through the "quit process". They are afraid it is awful, agonizing, terrible, impossible.........but it is not. It is difficult. Anything worth doing usually is. But, it is not impossible and with support, can be done.

I hope you quit and not just for the insurance but for YOU. I also quit for a long time and started again. I have 6 almost 7 years quit now..... BUT....had I kept my first quit ,I would have had almost 40 years quit.