cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Back again

budman12
0 12 29

Well, here I go again! I relapsed for the best part of a year but I quit again New years eve 2012. Haven't had a butt in 24 days. Feeling good and finally over the guilt enough to come back here and see what everyone's been up to. Lotsa new faces and quits and I wanna encourage everyone. Just remember... Don't ever put one to your lips.... whatever it takes. If you've gotta run away screaming to get away  from the temptation, just DO IT! That's my plan this time around. I know I can't let my attitude toward smoking get complacent and or get too overly confident in myself. This is it. I am an ex smoker for life. Happy to be back.

12 Comments
james41

Glad you're back and you probably subconsiously knew you would quit again even as you lit the first one,,,, I think we know better than "AW screw it , I'm gonna smoke" as I did in the 3 times before I quit,, I just knew the ultimate goal was still out there.

No need for quilt, for us or anyone,, we are all grown and only we pay for our decisions. I don't ever want to be 'cultish' about it and try to be very understanding about smokers and non- judgemental as I smoked about a hundred years myself!LOL!. So welcome and remember in this one friends mind I don't think in your heart you really started back, your physical body did but you wanted to be an Ex all along.

James

Newfound_Joy

CONGRATS on 24 days!! WTG!!  I know all about relapse and I hear ya about not getting too comfortable in your Quit or overly confident.  I'm sure glad you are back with us.

Protect your quit AT ALL COSTS.

nicole31

Welcome back!  And GREAT job on your 24 days!

Madyzsgocka

Welcome back Bud!!! Nice to see you again....onward.....N.O.P.E., this is it. 🙂

jojo_2-24-11

Glad you are back with us Bud. Congrats on 24 days!

Bonnie11.3.2009

Welcome Back, Bud!  Good for you for re-claiming your precious quit!

Julia_Amy
Glad you are back, you were a positive force here bud. And by the way.....don't EVER do that again!
mikecity

Congratulations on 24 days !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You got it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lois13

welcome back and congrats on 24 days, and that is true NOPE .

Sootie

Welcome back---your experience with the just one is good reading for anyone toying with the idea that you can do that. Good to see you again.

onelasttime

Welcome back always great to see some one return with new hopes of the freedom that awaits them...stick around this time you will be a strong smoke free person before you know it you sound like you are ready to be done for good. Congratulations on your committment...Hugs Deb

Lonita

woohooo glad to read your blog and see your photo back. You got it going on and you can do this...... I have faith in you. Your still my quit bro. I am just a little older than you. You are wiser so we make a good team.