cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Bachelorette Party

connect2amy
0 7 1

Hi friends - today marks my twentieth day as a non-smoker. Tomorrow I have to go to my friend's bachelorette party. We rented a house and we are going to go to a couple vineyards, then go back to the house to cook, drink and go in the hottub. As great as this sounds, all I can think about are the never ending triggers I am going to have to fight tomorrow. I want to relax and have fun, but I know I need to keep my guard up so I don't slip. I'm too early in my quit and I don't want to be cranky while everyone is trying to have fun because this isn't about me, but this is gonna be hard for me tomorrow. I know people will be smoking and many of the around me. Maybe I shouldn't drink at all? Does that make me a party-pooper? Any advice?

7 Comments
kristen-9-7-15

I say do NOT drink at all! It does not make you a party pooper. Your friends will understand. Now, I don't know if this next part is good advice or if the ex community frowns upon it but what helped me a ton is the e-cig. I have the one with no nicotine. When I am having an extremely strong craving, I will use the e-cig and the craving diminishes. The e-cig and the patch as helped me achieve 39 days so far.  I haven't had to use the e-cig in about 25 days.

I hope you have a wonderful time...as a non smoker!

bonniebee

The e- cigarette helped me in the early stages too even though many do frown upon it.  Do not smoke it like a regular cig just take a couple of puffs and put it away I never got addicted to it . 

bonniebee

Amy also I would advise you not to drink That could kill your quit and is not worth the risk !

JonesCarpeDiem

This is a test.

YoungAtHeart

I third (?) the recommendation not to drink.  Just explain to your friends that right now your quit has to remain your # 1 priority.  I would also have a plan of what you will do if being around smokers is difficult.  You will need to walk away - or chew some sugarfree gum or a mint and sip on some ice cold water?  You can also put some Vicks under your nose if the smell is a trigger for you.

Just have a plan and follow it - you will be fine!

Nancy

TerrieQuit

Nancy is right! Have a plan and stick to it! Drinking makes many lose their quits! I wouln't drink! NOPE NOPE!

Have a good time!

Terrie

connect2amy

Hi guys! Thanks so much for all of the wonderful advice! I drank a little since it was winery tours, but I DID NOT SMOKE! I did have an e-cigg on me. I know some people think that's cheating, but I rarely used it. To be honest just having it in my hand was comforting. Usually, after a drink I'll tackle someone for a cigg but this time I really didn't want one. Maybe this quit is the quit that will stick (knock on wood)!