cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Bachelor Party Help

All4Railroads
0 8 120

A few weeks ago, I was in Michigan visiting the groom for the wedding.  He and I were pledge brothers in our fraternity and now I'm his best man.  Planning the bachelor party has been hell, but was worse was when he asked me if we could smoke together when I visited.

We used to sit in my car in college and polish off a pack together in one night.  He still smokes a bit and his fiancee either plays dumb or doesn't know when he does. I've been an ex-smoker since Nov 10, 2010.  I don't like to think of myself as having "quitted."  I like to believe that I'll always be a smoker but I'm just not smoking now.  I haven't smoked in 885 days.  I'm sure many of you reading this know what it feels like to be in that social circle of smokers--it's an identity I hate to leave.

With the bachelor party and the wedding coming,  I'm worried that he'll want me to smoke with him again--and that the pressure will get to me.  I've been in some extreme situations where I've nearly smoked, but this has been on my mind for weeks now.  The party is the first weekend in May.

Any advice or support is greatly appreciated.  My girlfriend and I quitted together but she'll still have a smoke once in a blue moon--she's not an addict like me--I don't think she'll understand.  

I posted to a group on here for people that quit in Nov 2010.  I've been on becomeanex since 2008.  I am glad to see how much the community has evolved since then.  The amazing thing about this site is that it's always there and you can always come back--like I'm doing now.

If anybody has any groups on this site to recommend, please let me know.  If you have discussion groups or stuff, that'd be awesome too.  Thank you.

8 Comments