cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

BLOG TITLES

Giulia
0 10 26

It’s a journey.  And it’s different for everyone.  These are blog titles from just three days within the community here.   I found them a wonderful example of quits in action.  Triumphs, trials, tryings and tadaaas!  And a huge lesson of hope.  What lesson do you take away from this enumeration.  I’d be interested to hear.

------------------------------

120 DAYS BABY!
Not going well
Sunday will make it 3 weeks 🙂
2 weeks!!!
adjusting is not easy
13 days
Starting Anew
day 4
It's all in the perspective!
Day 8!!!
Tired of the smoke fog
Day 36
The Proof is in the Numbers
"Let Yourself Be Alive"
"Do Not Fear Change. Change Fear."
60 DAYS!
I've quit for good
getting on that bus to freedom woohoo
Help! Pull me off the Ledge! Day 4
another day under my belt
Not too bad of a day today
I'm Back and 150 !!!!
Day 5 and doing good..
EXHAUSTED
looking forward (and backward) just rambling
Hard Times Ahead...
sleep where are you?
another smoke free day
Insanity Gone
Oh Boy!
Day 3 is Bad!
18 DAYS AND COUNTING!!!!!!! 🙂
Day 179... finding my passion 🙂
HOW TIME FLYS!!!!

10 Comments
Icandothis8

THINKING that this journey is much harder than ANYONE thinks it is, but it can be done!  NOT ONE PUFF EVER and being thankful for every ounce of support I can find.  Peace & strength to you all it can be done!

Buddy12

Interesting blog.....thanks!

pir8fan

My thought is that the journey to Freedom is like any journey! Some focus on where they are going and how quickly they can get there! Others stop to EXamine every little thing along the way! Still others travel with purpose, but stop to enjoy the important things that they encounter!

Quitting is not just about the destination, but also about the journey! It is about the milestones behind us, and the milestones ahead of us! It is not just the people we were, and the people we will be, but the people we meet! Everyone travels at their own pace. Everyone has their own way, and everyones way leads to the same place! If they stay on the trail that has been blazed, and recognize the lessons along the way!

Once we reach Freedom, the journey continues! There is so much to live, and so much to EXperience! Life continues! Some of it good, and some of it just plain bad! But, all of it better than it would have been were we still bound to that nasty addiction!

Continue to travel and continue to live my friends! And live Free!

YoungAtHeart

What a neat idea!  It puts my journey into perspective, shows where I've been and where I'm going, too!

Thanks!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

wishingstar

It’s a common bond that brought us together. Some stay and help others. Some drop by to check in every once in a while. Sadly their some the drift away and I feel bad for them. Then you have the one that come back when the need to. Each person is different and its true one journey is different. 

Renee 3 weeks

Nyima_1.6.13

I love this blog Giulia! It really gives a snapshot of the huge spectrum that is this quit journey! Pretty far reaching!

jensteff

I'm having a very different experience than the majority it seems. I don't feel that I'm missing anything, but have gained more than I ever imagined. The Insanity truly is Gone! That's my blog title as well as Don't fear change. I changed my fear into a committment. This is one of the best and easiest decisions that I've ever made. I don't feel that there is any work involved. I simply do not smoke. That's it. Ta Da

freeneasy

I like it

Giulia

Looks like I grabbed two of your Blog titles, Jen.  (I didn't note who wrote these - i.e. there was no favoritism -  just picked from the titles themselves to make a point..  Actually there was a bit of favoritism in that I tried to choose from the newbies' rather than the oldbies' titles.)  Yours were two of the more positively motivating ones that's why I snapped them up. You ARE having a different experience than the majority.  Relish it!  But watch your back. 

everyones way leads to the same place! If they stay on the trail that has been blazed, and recognize the lessons along the way!

Here here,Tommy!

joyeuxencore

The laws of physics come to mind:

"Like attracts like"

"What is in motion tends to stay in motion, what is at rest tends to stay at rest"

Remembering these truths of our little universe remind me to practice gratitude and get the hec up and get moving whether that means mentally, emotionally, physically or spiritually!!!

We truly do bring our EXperience on ourselves by the way we think...Quitting is all about mindset and changing the thinking! xo

About the Author
Member since MAY 2008. I quit smoking March 1, 2006. I smoked a pack and a half a day for about 35 years. What did it take to get me smoke free? Perseverance, a promise not to smoke, and a willingness to be uncomfortable for as long as it took to get me to where I am today. I am an Ex but I have not forgotten the initial difficult journey of this rite of passage. That's one of the things that's keeping me proudly smoke free. I don't want to ever have another Day 1 again. You too can achieve your goal of being finally free forever. Change your mind, change your habits, alter your focus, release the myths you hold about smoking. And above all - keep your sense of hewmer. DAY WON - NEVER ANOTHER DAY ONE. If you still want one - you're still vulnerable. Protect your quit!