cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

BIG THANK YOU..............

pir8fan
0 34 343

............ to all of you who sent prayers, and get well wishes for my recent hoispital stay!

I have paid yet another installment on the debt that I incurred for my body, when I chose to start smoking, all those many years ago!

For those of you who may not know. I quit Smoking 01/01/10! Over three years ago! I knew that smoking was not good for me, but for many years lived with the attitude "That will never happen to me!" After all, I was 10 feet tall and bullet proof! Right? Well turns out that even though I am pretty tough, I am not immune to the evils of smoking! On August 10th of last year I had a quadruple by-pass! Since then I have had three cardiac catheteraztions. From EXperience, I can assure you that these procedures are not fun!

I implore all of you who have quit to never waiver in your resolve. All of you who are thinking about quitting, do not wait! No one knows which cigarette will be the one that will put you in my shoes! They are not comfortable shoes! Quit today, and stay quit! Wear comfortable shoes, and walk away from the woes of this addiction! Then step aboard the Freedom Train, everyday, and celebrate the milestones along your pathway to Freedom. Cling tightly to the awesome fact that YOU can indeed live Free!                  Tommy

34 Comments
SmokedOut041412

Great to see you back Tommy. ♥♥♥

Danno_11-10-12

Great to hear you are feeling better Tommy!!!!! 

kris54

Prayers answered!

Leeza

Whew...so good to see you here.  (((Tommy)))

Bonnie11.3.2009

Good to see you back in EXville!  Hope you recover quickly!

IrishRose

Glad you are on the mend, Pirate Man!!!  (((hug)))

jojo_2-24-11

WHAT? You mean you're not Superman! Could've fooled me! LOL Tommy, you are an EXcellent EXample of an Ex-smoker on this EXtraordinary web-site! You keep them coming back with your persistance and dedication to the cause! Thank you!

dunwitit-dave

Yep!   What Jojo said!!  You were one of the main reasons my quit has been so successful!  Thank You!  And welcome back!!

Dunwitit's indebted to you!

I_am_free

Sorry you have to be such an inspiration to all of us in this way.  You are walking truth of what can happen.  Happy to see you back with us.

Jordan-11-1-12

Giulia

You listening, Newbies?  Please do.  The man KNOWS what he's talking about.  So LISTEN! 

Glad you're back and still puttin' it out there, Mr. T.

froguelady

Tommy, all the prayers for you were answered you are here with us and better. I thought you were superman and I still think you are a SUPER MAN.

Love from this

img alt="" src="" />

dvolgenau4

Happy to hear your on the mend, You have been a inspiratiion to me and continue to do so.Thank You.

Nyima_1.6.13

The Russian roulette doesn't stop when you put out the last cigarette! So glad you dodged another bullet. You are a real inspiration

Patty-cake

Hi Tommy. Glad you popped in to let us all know you are back. My heart was broken when I heard you went in for another cath. I am continuing prayers for you to heal beyond belief. I know that our Lord needs to work miracles with you like you have done with many of us here on EX. (((Hugs)))

maggie_8-1-2010

Thank you to your guardian angel(s) imageand asking them to watch over you to keep you healthy.  Amen and amen!  Love and hugs Tommy!

YoungAtHeart

Glad to see you back!  Hope this is the last of what you will have to go through!

Nancy

mygirls-6-5-17

I'm so glad you are back and feeling better, our prayer were answered. We all need to take note of your story and learn from experience and struggle! Thank you so much for all you do and for letting us know you ae ok.

Jenny78

Amen.  So glad you are back.  Thanks Tommy for helping all of us.  You are my hero. With everything that you have been through, you still think of us.  God bless you.

kback82

im still new on here... but welcome back tommy.....

Mothergoose9

Another cath??????????  What happened? :'(

Strudel

Just got home and rushed over to the computer to get an update and there was your lovely mug!! Holy crap Tommy!!! No more scaring us!! Great blog though - a message to all quitters, old and new,  - to quit and to stay quit!! Thank you! And thank you for letting us know you are doing a bit better. As I said before - listen to those doctors and nurses! Take care! Prayers will always continue......

lindan_7-14-10

I am so happy to see that beautiful smile of your's ... welcome HOME♥

MisFitz

I was just having an arguement with myself about smoking so I popped on here and your blog was the first one I read.  Thank you for ending that argurment for me!

Get well soon!

mlpepsi517

Welcome back and I'm glad you are feeling better! Those words of wisdom help me get through each and every day!  Thanks!

SkyGirl

Tommy!  I'm so glad you are okay now!!  What happened????  xxxooo

Ex_Nancy

I hope you won't need these heart catherizations on a regular basis...I would imagine it's the scar tissue again....love having you back Tommy! ♥

cyn9

I am so glad your back! Its not the same with out you here. Missed you.

Rick_M

Get well. Good to see ya back in action on here.

lois2

So glade you are feeling better you take carenow

terrycpam

Thank you for your words of encouragement...My quit date is Feb. 1, and looking so forward to it, but also afraid ...Pray your health inproves

Brenda_M

So glad you're here!!! Feel better soon! 😃

ShawnP

and continuing those prayers, still more to be done. xoxoox

jdc1953

So happy that you are back.  You were missed dearly.