cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Awwww yes for that AHA Moment!

MarilynH
4 7 112

I never ever thought I'd ever quit smoking let alone stick with it BUT here I am living my Forever Quit! I believe it was around my 90 day mark 🤔 that the light bulb came on in my head THAT I received my 1st AHA MOMENT! It was super awesome AND still is YAY for Freedom YAY for kicking nicotines butt into oblivion YAY for each and every one of us for giving ourselves the Gift of life! 

Screenshot_20230523-071641.jpg

Screenshot_20230523-071754.jpg

d7d7b6cfa7cf3095bac787f125af326f.jpg

9efbd265216651790e645104ef7e90d6.jpg

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

After almost 12 years, it's difficult to remember my AHA moment, but I think it was after I read the book by Allen Carr.  I had been quit for a bit when I discovered it, but it opened my eyes to the truth of nicotine addiction.  Bless him for writing it - I know it has helped many.

biscuit9

I had an A-HA moment just the other day.  It occurred to me that IF I were still smoking, how guilty I would have felt in that moment.  My first a-ha moment may have happened when I woke up on quit day #4.  I wasn't jumping up and down for joy, but I had achieved (in my mind) the impossible, three days with no nicotine.  I believe I will continue to have A-HA moments from quitting smoking.  There is that light at the end of the tunnel and what a welcome sight THAT was.  

stmand92

I haven't visited the site for quite some time and today when I came here I saw that I had 3312 DOF under my belt. It's crazy when you see that large number and realize that you were successful. Almost 10 years, definitely an AHA moment. 

Be proud! I know I am. 

MarilynH

A super congratulations on your precious quit journey @stmand92 yYAY 3313 splendiferous DOF YAY for each and every day WON YAY for just being around the corner to 10 stupendous years of Freedom YAY for each and every year WON! 

green1611

Good post @MarilynH 

Indeed AHA moment.. congratulations !

MarilynH

Thank you @green1611 It's really good to see you. 

MarilynH

Thanks @biscuit9 YAY for those precious AHA Moments they're priceless YAY for our splendiferous quits! 😁

About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....