cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Attention Newbies - THREE months!

YoungAtHeart
0 20 43

tt's been THREE months today  since I quit smoking cigarettes!  I smoked for 40+ years and had never tried to quit even once, so brainwashed was I into thinking I could not do it.

I am grateful to the people on this site for providing me with information, inspiration and support during this difficult time.  I must amit it hasn't been easy, and, yes, even awful at times.  But - I am making it one day, sometimes one hour at a time.  And, I am reaping the benefits of freedom from addiction each and every day now!

Trust me - if I can do this, EVERYONE can!  Be committed, be strong, and stay close to this site and you, too, will be successful!

20 Comments
KatherineF

Congrats on 3 months smoke free!!  WTG!!

jojo_2-24-11

Congratulations on 3 months, Youngatheart! I know you are reaping in the benefits of quitting. Treat yourself today, to something special because you are so worth it.

jeri9

Awesome!!!!Congratulations on your 3 month quit! Don't you feel just great?Thanks for the encouragement.

boutinmomma

Congrats to you!!!!!    thank you for all your support you have given to me...

Mike.n.Atlanta

HUZZAH!!!!!

M n @

clare3

Wow!!!! Wat to go.  Great job!!!

Ex_Nancy

CONGRATS on 3 Months!!! ~The Nancy Club~  😛

JonesCarpeDiem

rock and roll!

Christine13

Way to Go on 3 months!! 🙂

reneenc1

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  3 months is amazing~ I am so happy for you.  You really should treat yourself somehow; this is a huge milestone that should be celebrated!  You've done a lot of hard work and deserve a reward.  What are you going to do for yourself today??

Junior7

Three months is terrific, awesome, amazing, inspirational, etc.!  I think everyone is right--treat yourself today.  Thanks for all the support and inspiration you have given me, as well!  I'm on day 47.

Ex_Nancy

CONGRATS again on 3 MONTHS!!!      img alt="" src="" />

karen-lane

wow, congrats, can't wait to get there myself.

kris54

AWESOME!!!!

SkyGirl

To one Nancy from another Nancy:  GO, NANCIES!!!!  Seriously, you have all my admiration and congratulations.  It's hearing from people like you that keep reinforcing what us Newbies need to hear:  If you believe in yourself and your ability to quit,  it can be done and, even though it might not always be smooth sailing, if you just keep those cigarettes away from your face, you WILL succeed!  Like YOU!  Stay smoke-free!  Have a wonderful day to celebrate!  Treat yourself to a massage????  A pedicure?  A steaming plate of frog's legs?

YoungAtHeart

Sky Girl,

How about a balut?????!!!!!!!

Actually, I stopped by our local chocolatier and bought myself an entire POUND of fresh made chocolates  which I selected one at a time!!!   So far, I have only eaten THREE.  I intend to finish the entire pound by the end of the weekend - and then, darn it, no more!@@@@@!!!!!!  And, by golly, I do think they taste better (if that's possible) than when I still smoked!!!!!

bella65
Well done congrats on 3months
Strudel

Congrats on three months!!

stonecipher

Congratulations on three months.  Chocolate is really the best reward!  Enjoy each and every morsel!

You have been such an encouragement to me these months, and I kinda feel like we are agemates, quitting-wise (I will have 5 months next week).  It sure is good to have people who "get it" helping us along.

lee-lee2

CONGRATS! I cant wait to say ive been smoke free 3 months. way to go!! ur an inspiration!

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.