cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

As Spring arrives

Kinterralynn
0 5 22

Sixty days ago I made a decision to change the path I was walking.  The going was a bit rough at first and there has been obstacles to work around and climb over.  When I came up to those things I would glance around and through the  haze of the situation I could see the old path, looking smooth and easy going.  The temptation was there. All I had to do was jump and I'd be back on the easy road, but I suspected that this path would smooth out after a bit, just like all crisis in my life, the rough patches are only for brief moments compared to the entire journey.  I'm not out of the woods yet, but the trail has certainly smoothed out and the trees are thinning, I know somewhere up ahead is a beautiful meadow where I can run and jump and dance around without gasping for breath... that's where I'm heading.  I can still see the old path in the distance, but it looks to me as if there are a lot of obstacles there, I was just blinded to them, seduced by the Nicotine Lord who lured me with false promises of comfort.   I don't need false promises or comforts that cause me harm.  Nope, I'm staying here on this road that seems to be gaining more and more popularity.  

Sixty days free... smokeless... and awesome!

5 Comments
aztec

I know somewhere up ahead is a beautiful meadow where I can run and jump and dance around without gasping for breath.

How poetic and eloquent, I love reading this kind of post. YOur didcription of the journey is awsome, Thanks for all the work it took to write it . The path less traveled, but on  the way are little fairies, lie us lighting the way, like you are blazing atrail.

Keep up the quit and guard it with your life, it is a matter of life or death.

Hang tough

onelasttime

GREAT AND INSPIRING BLOG KEEP IT UP WE ALL NEED IT! AND YOOOHOOO FOR DAY 60!

travelingman.rick

Beautiful blog post about 60 days. It may be a rougher road in our heads but living smoke free is actually the eaiser road in the long run. We wont have nearly so many health issues to deal with. Keep the quit going...we can do this!

anacondahead

60 days - you should be very proud - lovely analogy, thank you. It puts me in mind of the beautiful, peaceful place where I live - SMOKE-FREE LAND. I moved here over 7 months ago and Iove living here. I invite everyone who smokes to move here with me.  You will love it, too, I promise. 

There are no stinky ash trays, no coughing night and day, no blue clouds of stale smoke, no scrounging up enough change every day to buy a pack, no family members on your back begging you to quit.

Come on and move here  - there's more than enough room!

ebbrewer84

Love how possitive you are!!  Truely beautiful words!!