cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Are Nuns Allowed to Smoke?

terrimw
0 11 71

After the "date" I just had, I think I might as well become one!  Would you believe that this guy had the audacity to:

1.  Tell me I was going about quitting wrong.

2.  Tell me that my religious beliefs are wrong.

3.  Take me to task for the part of the city I live in.

4.  Inform me that the car I drive is not the best bargain

And after all that ... he put the moves on me?????

Sorry, I just had to put that out there.  I am so irritated.  The creep didn't even buy me dinner.  Just a cookie and soda at a deli!!!!  So I will add "cheapskate" to his list of qualities.  

I wish there was some way to add commentary to online profiles so I could read what other women have written before I waste my time on idiots.

I'm grouching, aren't I?  I'm being as grumpy as Dale.  (Sorry, Dale ... you know I love ya).  My son just told me (he has recently quit smoking as well), that by now, my nicotine cravings should be over and guess what?  Either they aren't or I am just @#$%ing nuts and am imagining them because right now, I would SELL that son for a cigarette!!!

11 Comments
joy36

HA HA, Might as well laugh at it, I know it could seem wrong, for me to, but, REALLY, where did you find this dud ???? maybe this was susposed to show you how strong you are in life, and are in your quit !  really, who did this guy thiink he was anyway??? I bet he hasn't ever had a second date ! Joy

Dakota_Posse

Yep!  Ya gotta laugh....some men REALLY do need to have their cahoonas kicked so that they wake up and join the real world!!!  You are doing just fine girl.....screw that guy...he is a total LOSER!!!!!!

Cindy

Patty-cake

Wow. Rough evening. Don't sell your son. It might be time to kick your feet up, watch a sitcom and fall asleep early. Tomorrow is a new day.

bulldog316

It always seems like the worst possible people enter our lives at the most inopportune times.  I feel for ya.  I have people at work telling me how I should quit smoking inbetween their inhaling of their own vice.  The good news is that if you can survive the date from Hell with Captain No Cash and still not smoke, then sister you are tougher than you give yourself credit for.  Keep the faith and stay strong.

Peter

JonesCarpeDiem

i used to weed out my clients via phone and email before i would waste the time and gas to go waste my time and gas.

maybe you could weed out your dates that way.

i honestly don't think i would bother going out on a date until i had a video chat with someone to see if there was any interest by either person.

technology. lol

julie127

That guy has a BIG L on his forehead!!!!  And he certainly isn't gonna reveal what a creep he is on a video or on the phone cause he knows he wouldn't get a date with anyone - he wants a date and is so full of himself that he thinks everything he says is important once he has an audience!!  Kinda funny tho ha Terry?  Puts some variety in your life.  And regarding your son, there are times when I would have sold my kids for alot less!!!!  LOL  YOU HAVE MY SENSE OF HUMOR - LOVE YOUR BLOGS!!

Strudel

This is why I stick to cats and dogs for companions!! Wow - what a date!! So sorry....... Cindy is right - loser! But - oops, I just remembered, you already have a cat!

Congrats on protecting your quit - no matter what - including losers and sons who don't get it!

terrimw

Oh y'all ... this is far, far from being the worst date I've ever had.  For some reason, I seem to draw the cheapskates.  

Let's see ... I had one date with a fellow right before losing my job.  He was nice-looking, very polite and fairly wealthy ... what's not to like?  I took a few days to regain my equillibrium after losing my job but talked with him on the phone and he knew what was going on.  So when he asked me again for that second date, I agreed.  We went to a mid-prized pub for dinner where I ordered a hamburger and he ordered the most expensive steak on the menu.  When the bill came, he said "I got the check last time so you'll pick it up this time, right?"  This *ss KNEW I had just lost my job!  Needless to say, there was NOT a third date.

That's bad, right?  I can top it.  This happened quite awhile ago.  I was approaching my 40th birthday and I have never liked making a fuss over my birthday and I told the guy I was dating just that.  He called me on my birthday and said he was coming over with a gift.  So now I'm irritated.  First, I didn't invite him over and really didn't want company and; two, I had specifically requested no gifts!  But nothing could have prepared me for what he brought me.  He had picked up a non-functioning gas grill that was missing one wheel from someone's trash and brought it to me as a gift.  "You should be able to get that fixed pretty cheap" he said.  Yeah ... that was the last time I saw him!!!

But there was one that was even worse.  I had dated this fellow a few times and we were getting very close.  Several months prior, he and some friends had rented a couple cabins at a huge lake a couple hours south of here.  But there was a minor crisis at work, some hours were shuffled around and his friends weren't going to be able to go.  He invited me and a friend of mine, along with her boyfriend to share the cabins with him.  I knew what he was thinking and I talked with him, told him I wasn't sure that I was ready to make that leap yet and he assured me that was fine.  So we drove down on Friday morning.  My friend and her boyfriend were to come down after work on Friday night.  Because they both did restaurant work, it would be the middle of the night before they got there.  At first, we had a great time.  We went out on his boat, got some sun, did a little swimming, a little smooching and had a lot of laughs.  Back at the cabin, I cooked supper and he drank.  A LOT!  By the time I got supper ready, he was sloppy drunk.  Not exactly an aphrodisiac!  He went into the bedroom, laid down on the bed and (I thought) passed out.  I went out and sat on a picnic table behind the cabin.  Very shortly, I heard a car start and went to see what was going on.  He was leaving!  YES!  He left me there!!  No money, no car, no cell phone ... nothing!!!!  Yes, my friends finally showed up about 4 a.m. but in the meantime, I had some really bad moments there.  And you know, I never heard from him again.  Not "I'm sorry" or anything.  

Can I pick them or what?

I am having a really, really hard time with my quit today.  My son was working on the yard today and asked me to go get him a Mountain Dew and it was all I could do to keep myself from buying a pack of cigarettes too.  I don't know why it's so bad today but it sure is.  😞   Hopefully, tomorrow will be better.  

Madyzsgocka

You are going to have bad days hun, but you are doing exactly as you should. Resisting the craves by any means possible, and this is a means. Write, write, write. Honestly, I LIVED on this site in the beginning and wrote about just the kind of stuff you are here. It kept my hands busy, and my mind on other things. You are doing GREAT, keep up the fine work (and the entertaining and witty stories). I'm with Strudel - dogs and grandkids for company. Dating sucks. There are so many jerks out there, I stay inside, lol.

Madyzsgocka

Oh, and BTW, NO, N.O.P.E. nuns are NOT allowed to smoke 🙂

robin122

OMG, You just described one of my husbands to a tee.  He was not only the most perfect person on this earth...he was a legend in his own mind, he was never wrong about anything and it was his way or the highway.  So guess who hit the highway lol.  I am glad that your date showed his true colors and was not really good at hiding the fact that he was an &%#.  lol....anyways you are doing great and much better without the likes of him. ha ha ha keep up the good work and keep these funny blogs coming.