cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

April 13th

Sportz8978
3 3 97

So I believe that is my quit date.  I have to talk with my ex coach to confirm that. But if it’s wrong it’s only by 1 day either way. But pretty sure this is an accurate. So today is day 18. For some context I’m 37yo. I’ve smoked  pretty regularly since 18. I was able to quit for a year a few years ago. But i started up again. Sadly I took one puff that that’s all I needed to start again. What a shame. I started vaping ever since then. My ex coach told me that the amount of juice I was smoking was equivalent to 110 cigarettes a day. Crazy. I took advantage of the nicotine patches and the lozenges/mints.  I did the patches while sucking down the mints like candy. I had trouble keeping the nicotine patches attached to me. I don’t know for some reason i just couldn’t get them to stick ! So I took a chance and stopped using them and decided to rely on my mints.  During that time since the 13th to now. The closest I’ve gotten to smoking. I put my vape up to my mouth and almost did it. But I said naw. I went to work in the morning and forgot my mints.  So I took another chance and was like let’s see. I survived. I am down to just a few 4 mg doses a day. Some days I don’t even take the mints. And I’m on day 18. I aim to be off these mints soon. 

3 Comments
YoungAtHeart

You sound GREAT!  Just as every person is unique, so is every quit experience.  Sounds like you have found a plan that is just right for you.

Congrats on 18 days!  You have conquered H#ll AND Heck Weeks!  Keep going!  It will keep getting easier!

Nancy

Barbscloud

@Sportz8978 Welcome to the ex and congrats on your 18 days of success.  That's wonderful t that you have an Ex coach to help with your journey.  That one on one support is priceless.

Have you discussed with your coach how you're using your quit aids?  Quit aids have played a major role in many of our quits.  

We're here too.  If you need some support, just reach out.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Congratulations on 18 days @Sportz8978 You're doing great and we are celebrating you!

Quiana, EX Team