cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Anxious

chimay
0 7 16

My quit date (for the 400th time in my life) is Sunday, January 17th.  I do not plan to get out of bed all day.

I am very nervous and anxious.  I have tried to quit soo much over the years and I just have no willpower at all.  any tips for not caving?

I have been smoking regulary for 15 years, that scares me soo much.  This year I had pneumonia twice!  I can't go on like this!

Thanks for hearing me vent!

7 Comments
cheryl-derrick

You said you have no will power but YOU DO!.  You just haven't tapped into it yet.  Tips for cravings... Ocuupy yourself with things you enjoy.  I love to read so I would say "one more chapter" or just pick up a book and start reading. That really got my mind off of it.  Also I liked video games and they were a good distraction.  Distraction being the key word to getting through that part. Just keep telling yourself that you can do this, you have what it takes and everything else you know(rationalizing) is a lie.  I was you once. 27 year smoker. I'm quit now for 206 days so yes, you can do this!

theresa29

I just posted a blog on this yesterday. My quit date is next week and I am really nervous. I was also nervous after going back to school after many years, but I also knew that as hard as it was going to be (still is) that if I did not do it, my life would never get better. I know that school and an addiction are nothing alike, but for me the fear is similar. I wish you the best and hope and pray that we can all make it to the greener side.

JACKIE38

please hang in there if it's the first of 100 times you have tryed to quit ONE OF THEM WILL TAKE

GOOD LUCK   JACKIE

jada

Hang in there and try not to tell yourself negative things like...I've tried and failed so many times....every smoker has that same story until the day that they don't anymore. You can do this and you have just as much potential to be a non-smoker as the rest of us!! Good luck!! Drop by my page if you need a friend! This site can really help if you use it!

judy41

YOU CAN DO THIS!  Stay busy - keep hands busy - bottle of water in one and hand exerciser in other worked for

me 1st few days.  Read, walk, dring water, get on this site, take deep breaths thru nose, hold 3 seconds and

expel slowly thru mouth.  Munch celery, carrots, sunflower seeds.  Keep a rubber band on arm and snap

during an intense crave (this has really helped me).  Stay busy - keep getting on this site - imagine the wonderful

free life of an ex smoker.  Smoke free 15 days and it's so much easier!

mm232

I would get out of bed and do anything I possibly could.  Laying around and moping will never help the situation, my guess is that all your going to do is just dwell on how bad quitting sucks and it is just going to make your situation worse.  Personally I would try to do as much physical activity those first few days as possible.  Take a walk, run, rollerblade, icehockey, curling, decathalon, or midget tossing if that is your thing.  For me I like to work out about an hour and a half a day.  I take all my frustrations out at the gym and allow the fresh, non toxic air to pour into my lungs, and I remember why it is so important to put down the cigs.  You know all the tricks for quitting as I am sure you have tried them all like the rest of us.  YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU WILL DO IT!!!!!  Focus on the good and the rest will take care of itself.  Good luck to you and I hope that first day the start of many great days to follow.

drea4

Hope Sunday went well for you and you made it out of the bed:) We're here for  you!