cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Anxiety hell. No, really.

jackieraye
0 9 97

(This a repeat from a post I attached to another's blog a few minutes ago before I figured out how to make my own. Apologies to ddockery for interrupting her problems with mine.)

I am in tears right now because I blew it last night and bought a pack of cigarettes. And I felt awful when I got up this morning and there were cigarettes waiting for me.And I "quit" five days ago. I melted down to the extent that I couldn't go to work today, and the person who is going in for me -- we're trading days off -- is pissed at me, and i'm sure my boss will be pissed off, too.( I already have anxiety problems to the extent that I have to be treated for it.) This would have been my first day back at work, and I totally blew it. I hate this, I just hate this.

9 Comments
greg42

I feel your pain.  Today was day 21 for me.  And I just failed.  I was just fixen to tell all my friends that had helped till now, good bye.  This page helps a lot, but sometimes your just in a state where you are overwhelmed.  Keep trying.  I'm sure you will make it.

JACKIE38

so pick your self's up and start agin,  you can do it, after 43 days i failed, gave my self some time to get my head sorted,and back today 6 . do't be to hard on your self it only makes matter worse, trust me i did it that way no good will come out of it,

you both can do it this time and be quit buddies and help each other, give it a try,

jackie

nosmokegirl

To all the ones that don't believe that a slip is an option, well guess it may not be an option, but they sure do happen.  So like Jackie suggests, pick your self up and start again. At least this time you are smarter and know what to expect and have the new tools to fight with.  You can do it.  This is the second try for me and i am using tools that i did not think were important at the time.  This "EX" plan does mention that it may take a few times to "get it right".  And  dont get frustrated but look for tools and opportunities that can help you work with becoming anxious or overwhelmed. 

sfaoro

Quote: "I hate this, I just hate this."

So fix it.  You think this is something unique to you?  Nope.  So you blew 5 days, reset your time and never smoke again.  Start over and do it right.  If you're going to hate something, hate the drug, YOU are going to take a little time to fix so don't go hating yourself just yet.

Bonnie11.3.2009

Problem solve this.... what caused the slip?  What can you do to adjust your plan?  Chantix? whyquit.com? blogging everday?  more support?  make the decision, make the commitment?  Get you plan going and start over.  You never fell off your bike??

jackieraye

Uh, no, I don't think this is unique to me.

ivy2

Thank you for sharing!  I have a lot of anxiety too (under treatment as well), and quitting makes it so much worse.  It is really hard to deal with...worth it in the end. 

Don't give up! Keep blogging if it helps...Let us know how things are going.

Sootie

You probably won't believe this but once you get through withdrawal all the way---physical and mental---you will probably have a HUGE reduction in anxiety. Smoking doesn't help your anxiety---it increases it. But you can't see it in the midst of the addiction. STAY HERE!! Start again. baby steps----one day (even one minute) at a time.

jackieraye

Sootie, the depression damn sure was worse AFTER I fell off the proverbial wagon, and that was worse than the anxiety. Thanks, seriously, for making me think in that direction.