cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Anxiety and complications and KIND OF DISGUSTING BODY INFO 🤮

Wozlik
2 15 154

Hey all - official counter says 10 days and that’s wahooo from me.  However I’m having a bit of anxiety because I’m vomiting.  I had bariatric surgery 30+ years ago and I’m thinking the coughing messed something up.  I’ve had a problem like this a few times where whatever I swallow just comes back up. Usually something is “stuck” and i finally remembered that drinking Coke helps-don’t know for sure, but think a combination of the acid and the carbonation makes whatever’s blocked move - like getting that gunk off the car battery.  So pain is about a 8 and moving makes it worse.  But BIG TRIGGER!  Smoking will not help - just an easy distraction and comforting old bad friend who wants to kill me.

Right now there’s nothing else I can do. If it gets worse I will go to ER.  Then they’ll do an NG tube and see if it fixes it.  I’ve had so much abdominal surgery that I’m just a mess of adhesions. The professionals say no more surgery unless I need it to save my life. Last time I just sat in the hospital on IV fluids and IV Toradol for pain for 5 days until it resolved.  I just keep sipping Coke and vomiting between writing 🤣😵💫😬

So I’m hoping the Coke unplugs the clog and hanging with y’all keeps me from from smoking.  Thanks for being there/here.

15 Comments
About the Author
My avatar shows me eating honey my grandson’s bees make. I’m 75 year (someone told me I’m only 71 - someone can do the math born 11/08/1952) old with 60 year smoking habit. Grandmother to 14 amazing humans and soon to be a great grandmother. Six wonderful children who deserve to have a mom who doesn’t smoke and stays as healthy as possible for as long as possible. I’ve lived urban, suburban and rural places. Worked at many jobs from plastic injection molding and waiting tables to teaching and journal editing. Retired, divorced, long Covid. Looking for what the next universe has in store for me next.