cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Another weird crave conquered

HappyJoyousFree
2 8 84

For some reason, I woke up on time and got ready for work right away. I ended up having quite a bit of time before I usually leave. The junky in my brain told me to get gas (because I needed gas in my car) and get a pack. Holy shit that was ridiculous. No matter what, I had to go and get gas so I went. Got the gas, paid at the pump, and got the heck out of there. I went back home. So I still had about 30 minutes before I usually leave -- I got my stuff together and left for work early. I got here a half hour early - I don't really care and neither will my boss. If she should ask (which I know she won't) I'll tell her the truth. I left early because I quit smoking and don't want to start again. If I had the money on me I would have went out to breakfast instead.

Yesterday, I was out with friends and a long July weekend away in Michigan came up in conversation. There is one friend that still smokes that will be there. She wants me to go on a rental boat with her for 3 hours or so. I told her that I won't be joining her on the boat because I don't want to be on a boat with her and watch her smoke for hours. She's a person that will still smoke around me and doesn't really care if I start up again. I care so I said no way to the boat.

First world problem but I'm watching out for myself and my baby-quit. BabyQuit will be a little over a month old at that point - just a tiny quit and I need to take care of it LOL

Joy

8 Comments