cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Another thought

craftylady
0 7 22

Forgot to mention an important person who helped me the most was a smoker.  I was surprised but one day when I was feeling weak, my co-worker told me he wouldn't give me a cig for all the money I had.  He had hope that one day he too would quit!!  A smoker not willing to give me a cig!!  I owe a lot to him.  In a moment of weakness I could have destroyed a QUIT!  Ask for help!!  YOU will be surprised at those who will help you!

7 Comments
YoungAtHeart

I really hope you have made a point to tell THEM how important their refusal was!  

That is such a neat story; thank you for sharing it!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

Kimshine

I think this ROCKS! This person is a true friend!! Get this dude to join us!! He gets it!! ♥

Nyima_1.6.13

That's a true friend! Has he quit?

craftylady

Thanks and I SHOULD tell him!!  No he has not quit yet but his wife did and he has been cutting down.  Working towards it.  I try to encourage without being overbearring for fear that would put him off.  I have told him about this site!!  How it helped me.  But again everyone has a path and I can't tell him, his.  Just trying to be as good a friend to him as he has been to me!!  The incident happened within the first month and now it has been nearly a year.  I guess I should tell him, I wonder if he remember's it??  Guess there is only one way to find out??

icandothis11

did you tell him of the EX site ,hopefully someday soon they too will join us

craftylady

I have mentioned this site MANY times.  I get the same comment I first said myself "I'm not a blogger, I'm not a support group person!"  I just joined at first for the information on the main site.  Then out of being nosy I wondered over a few times before my first blog post.  A year later and here I am.  HAHA

Thank you to everyone!

Brian100

Great to know craftylady.  Smokers can be our allies.  Whenever I tell a smoker that I have stopped, she or he always offers their conratulations.