cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Another glorious day of MONTANA fall weather.

fredb
1 7 17

Hi GUYS! Thought I'd share how much I appreciate this group again. I worked a little harder than usual today( Im self employed) and found myself having to take MANY breaks to catch my breath. It s at these times when I get so sad that I didnt quit sooner. i just turnesd 60 this september. My brothers and I are planning to have a get togrether on the date of my motheres passing and Im feelingreal sad anyway. Shortly befoer she died her and i were visiting in her back yard which she called her PARADISE and I remember telling her that I don't expect to be far behind her unless I changed some of my life style which was mainly smoking. I hope Im wrong. I do pray though that she is at peace   FINALLY. God knows she lived a life of hardship. However her and my father did raise 10 children regardless of the harships. There are so many that we have endured as a family as well a individually. I just pray that god will have mercy on all of our souls.....LATER

7 Comments
tjanddj

You're mother would be proud of you for quitting smoke. What a wonderful gift for her and yourself. Lung damaged from smoking is no fun and quitting is the best thing you can do for it. Enjoy your glorious Montana fall weather!

JACKIE1-25-15

You sound like a very loving son.  I hope you honor your quit and NOPE.  You can do this congrats on being smoke free.  One day at a time. 

Stopforgood

Best wishes for total success!

Jim

JonesCarpeDiem

Onward and Upward

TerrieQuit

Honor the N.O.P.E and Don't Quit on your Quit!

Strudel

Congrats on your quit! I agree that your mother would be very proud of you! I quit about 6 months after my mom died - and I always have a sense that she is very happy about it! Congrats again! 

prague

My mom's side of the family was from Montana. She grew up on a farm in Big Sandy in a famity of 10. They struggled because my grandpa died at 38, and my grandma was alone to raise 8 children. Of course, there are a lot of stories along the way, but I am here in Chicago, raising my now, 19-year-old daughter. She has been after me for years to quit smoking. I finally did 6 months. ago. I still have 2 cousins liviing in Kallispel and one in Great Falls. Please contact me if you want to talk Montana. I'd love to hear from you. Gayle