cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Another first!

cpsono
0 12 48

Well friends, it's a snowy, icy morning here in SW PA.  I had to be at work at 7 AM and many of the roads had not been treated at that time.  Driving in bad weather is not one of my strengths, and in fact, I'm one of those people who goes at about 2MPH with my foot pumping the breaks and white-knuckling.  Back in my smoking years, a treacherous drive like that was one of my big triggers.  I would hold the wheel with my right hand and smoke with my left hand(out the window of course, because cars don't have ashtrays anymore)and all the while attempting to somehow balance my go-cup of coffee.  Today, instead of thinking about smoking, Dale's words were going through my head: "Get through two sets of 'firsts'". First holiday, first change of season, first bout of winter weather, etc. etc.  I'm pleased to report that I made it to work safely and without even thinking about the wicked nicodemon, who in fact, is ME!!  Now THAT is something I can be happy about! This blog is to thank Dale for pounding it into my head! xoxo.  I'm so glad you and other elders stick around because I def would not have made it this far without you all.  CP 265 DOF.  P.S. According to my app, I've increased my life expectancy by 21 days-that's 3 whole weeks!!!

12 Comments
ShawnP

Good for you! Glad that you made it to work safe as well.

MarilynH

A super congratulations on your awesome 265 precious smoke free days and counting WTG CP, I am really happy that you got to work safely and even more happy that you got to your job without a cigarette or even thinking about one. Be proud of yourself and your beautiful ongoing quit, rock on my friend rock on. ☆♡☆♡☆

YoungAtHeart

(glad you made it safe and sound.  knowing that smoking was NOT required!)

Nancy

Chuck-2-20-2011

Haven't been around for a while but so glad that your commitment is strong! (Listening to Dale is never a bad thing!)

Enjoy your day!

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

JonesCarpeDiem

Good For You.

You are the reason I keep saying the same things again and again.  🙂

jonilou

Getting through those "firsts" is a challenge, but what a great boost for you when you are successful! Congratulations for those 265 days of FREEDOM!

TerrieQuit

Hi Connie, I am right behind you on those firsts! It makes it a whole lot easier knowing that they are coming. (Thanks Dale) I acknowledge that "I USED" to and I go on! Thanks for blogging, it's always good to hear from you! Congratulations on 265  DOF!!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Dotgirl_1-28-16
Awesome! Glad you made it to work safely! Congratulations on 265 days of freedom!!!
lois2

congrats on 265 days,   i am proud of you.

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS on 265 days, so proud of you and so happy FOR you.  I hate that weather, used to hate driving in it and now I even hate RIDING in it.

HealthyOrange

So very proud of you, CP!  100 more days and you will be in the 6% club.  Glad you made it to work safely and knocked out another "first".  Hugs to you, Jamie

bonniebee

I am glad to know I am not the only white knuckler !  I hate driving in the snow I have had close calls ....near accidents also ! You made it and probably drove even better not having to deal with a cigarette !

One time I dropped a cigarette while  driving  (Probably more then once ! )and other times I dropped the head of my cigarette in my lap ! Another time i had a mini fire going in my ashtray ! Thanks for jogging  these memories .....more reasons to be glad I am an Ex-smoker today !

Stay strong and carry On you are doing great !