cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Another Smoke Free Day

richele
0 2 8

I had coffee with a friend.  Went to lunch with my sister.  Then visited my parents.  Tomorrow I really need to start exerciseing again.  I've slacking horribly.  And I want to keep looseing weight.  I had lost 15lbs since December.  I'm having trouble doing both.  I see the dietion next thursday though.  And that will inspirer me to work hard and diet and exercise.  He is going to be pleased I quit smoking. I can't wait to tell the Asthma doctor I quit smoking.  He had a lot of faith in me.  But when I saw him on July 2nd he said if I wanted to go back on the chantix he'd prescribe it.  I told him I thought I be ok and I was.

I get kinda short with people right now.  Especially when I'm having a crave.  And I really don't mean too.  I guess I'll have to apologize later.  

2 Comments
stonecipher

I had my irritable days in the beginning, too.  but most of the time even when I first quit, I was actually calmer than before.  I realized that, before I quit, when I would lose patience, it was often when I was "needing" to smoke!  For example, I never made the connection on an ordinary day, that the closer to quitting time at work, the more grouchy I became!  How stupid of me! 

When I decided to quit I told a few people that I might get testy, but that I was not going to use quitting smoking as an excuse to be bitchy.  Then, I tried to keep to that.  Yes, at times I had to apologize, too!  But overall, I think my attitude and my decision not to "take it out on the loved ones" helped keep me on an even keel.  But, if you do say or do the wrong thing, go easy on yourself.  Give yourself lots of leeway these days.  and get lots of rest.

Take care, and keep blogging!

richele

It seems like when I'm stresses or agravated, I kinda get short with people.  And yes I do want a cig.  But I'm not going to smoke. I'm hoping in a week or two I'm not as edgey.  And I've noticed I'm a lot calmer and more patient.