cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Another Saturday Night, and I ain't....

hattie
0 4 7

Sounds like a song... no? Yep it do! And... I do have somebody, but I ain't got no money. I suppose we can't have it all!

Well, I did have some money but it went the way of money... I spent it... but, I spent it on goodies!

The first several hundred of the day went for a drum carder! For you non-spinners, a carder is basically a fancy dog brush, a pair of them to be precise used to brush wool. This wool is fairly fresh from the back of a sheep; except that it has been washed and fluffed up a bit. Once the wool is carded (brushed) it's ready to be spun into yarn.

Well, I have been carding my wool by hand for some time and finally decided to get a drum carder which speeds the process up a bit. It's a hand-cranked affair that immitates carding with the two brushes. Very nifty!

I also ran down to a little yarn/spinning shop that I had not been to early this afternoon and spent a little money on some wool that had already been washed and carded and was ready to spin. The price was too difficult to walk away from. It was the same price as a raw fleece I just finished working up; but this stuff was already done... no waste, so it was actually cheaper. Nice color too... kind of a med dark suede color. Very nice... is a nice soft merino wool. It will work up into a dandy sweater.

Then on the way home I hit the 'stale' bread store and picked up bun (hot dog and hamburger), English muffins, bagels and some Hazelnut bread. The savings in buying bread there as opposed to the regular store is just fabulous. I spent less than $20.00 and had 5 bags of bread. It goes right into the fridge and some into the freezer. Such a deal!

Now, I'm taking a break from plying some yarn from a fleece that came from the back of a ewe named "Ink Spot!" The color is a natural off-white and will knit up into a most beautiful Shetland wool sweater! I have two bobbins full and will fill another bobbin before my sweetie collects me, to go over the hill to ye olde Party Hut for the remainder of the evening.

All these wonderful distractions to keep my little hands from rolling up a smoke.... spin, spin, knit, knit, plant more seeds in the green house, do dishes etc... all activites I now do without smoke breaks. 'Tis amazing... but 'tis true... all 27 days worth!. Tomorrow makes 4 weeks of being smoke-free! I think I deserve to be taken out to breakfast... I'll have to give my sweetie a smooch and then make some really large hints!

Have a good and smoke-free evening folks!

4 Comments