cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

And in the end

nicool
0 6 8

It's been over a month now and I didn't even notice the day go by. One day past a month, but still. I thought I would still be struggling at this point but I am not. What a difference it makes not being bound in a relationship with a smoker.

Spring term is coming to an end and although I am looking forward to a mental rest from school, I am also really worried about my financial situation. I have managed to land a job that starts next month on the 15th, but I know it's an extremely unstable sort of job. Canvasing for grassroots campaign which requires that you meet a certain quota for fund raising. If I can't get enough money raised at the end of the day I get the boot and that means no money for rent, food, utilities, etc. I am handling it all without cigarettes. I feel good knowing I am saving money not smoking but at the same time, not even cutting out cigarettes, meat, eating out and drinking (and I have cut out all these expenses) can save me enough money to cover all my expenses when I have no income. No income is still no income. I did choose the perfect time to quit though, imagine if I hadn't? I would start smoking more because of all the stress and then it would just feed into the cycle. Stress about money causes spending more money, causes more stress about money. 

So, anyone in Portland have any stable summer job leads?

6 Comments