cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Additions to The List of 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke a Cigarette

YoungAtHeart
6 14 352

I noticed there were several things missed from the list previously posted and wanted to add a few. 

102. March in place or round and round a table.

103. Eat a piece of chocolate candy.

104. Bite into a lemon (yup - rind and all)

105. Put your head in a freezer and take a deeeeeeeep breath.

106.Raise and lower your arms as you slowly inhale, then exhale, going slower and slower

107. Do the multiplication tables in your head,  or long division, or divide fractions!

108.  Name all the states alphabetically

109. Then name all their capitals!

110. Think of a girl's, then a boy's name that starts with each letter of the alphabet.

111.  Think of something to add to this list.

Feel free to add any that have not been included on the list on my page or this one...............

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

14 Comments
Brian100

112.  Ordering delivery after you have eaten everything once it thawed out.

YoungAtHeart

113.  Laughing at the additions to your blog!

Nancy

Quit 7/4/12

nursemama23

Haha I like number 110!

114. Practice zombie apocolyspe drills with your family! (And video/post it for our entertainment!)  😃

nursemama23

115. Consider buying MRE's after you call for delivery from speed dial #1 and they recognize you immediately by voice and can recall from memory your name, address, "usual" and how long its been since you quit smoking.

penny3712

These are great!!! lol.....love them all...will have to try each and every one!

ljguptill

Good tips and very funny stuff! 

maitelady

keep going, but somebody please add some real-life craving busters OK? needing some real help here.....

TerrieQuit

111?

karenjones

Thanks for the laugh.

karenjones

Stop. Sit. Look around the room at everything that is red. Refocus. on red. Really look.

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's great to see 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke - EX Community keep growing.

Mark
EX Community Manager

elvan

Blow bubbles.

MarilynH

I don't know if this is on the list or not,I like to say to anyone craving & I've said it to myself in my early weeks....

Sit On Your Hands.....

About the Author
I smoked until a vascular surgeon informed me of the damage I had done to myself by doing so. I quit 11 years ago, and I can swim laps virtually FOREVER now, walk most other days 40 minutes to an hour and a half. What a difference quitting has made in my life! I strive to help others find this wonderful freedom from addiction, too.