cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

Addendum to All I Want For Christmas..............................

Joan_01-02-2015
0 9 49

I have made a decision................................I am filing for an extension.  It is only $150 for four months and it buys me peace of mind during this time of year.  My anxiety is through the roof and there is a solution!  I may only need one of those four months, but I am thankful that North Carolina offers a subsidized grant for all residents in this program - so - Merry Christmas to me!!  I tell everyone else to take a deep breath, well, I'm taking mine by taking the pressure off of myself, thanking God that extensions are available.  I am torturing myself when there is an answer.  It does not mean I will not continue to put in the time - it just means I can breath while I am doing it.  I have until January 12th - but my attitude will be different now.  One day at a time, and do the best I can, and if I am not done by January 2nd (my daddy's 80th birthday), I will file for an extension and continue to be proud of myself for what I HAVE accomplished.  It will also be a birthday gift to myself (I turn 50 on January 8th).

So - all those breaths I encourage people to take - well, I'm taking mine.  OMG, blogging is the BEST thing in the world to do.  It feels so good to vent, and know no matter what there is support and understanding.

So - All I want for Christmas is peace - and I have a choice - so, I will believe in it!!

9 Comments