cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

About 20 minutes

brenda-again
0 10 11

My quit dates begins in 20 minutes at midnight.  This is my quit and it is about time I own it.  

10 Comments
pir8fan

I have your hand Sweetheart! This is the "Forever Quit"! I believe in you!!

ruralgrl

you can do it!! I am  a little over an hour from finishing day 4!!!. Just do it 5 minutes at a time. day 4 has already been easier and it has gone by fast looking back on it!!! 

brenda-again

thank you both I don't know why but I feel sad but my mind is made up.  trying not to panic but i feel like bawling.  I am typing so that I don't think about it or give in.  Funny the longer you smoke and the more times you quit it gets harder.  I am in for a good fight though.  Congrats ruralgrl

brenda-again

Clock is ticking now Whew my sadness lifted I am having ritz crackers and pepsi to celebrate feels good to be home

Giulia

Come on now.  It's your party and you can cry if you wanna, but why bother?  You've been here before.  Done this before.  Yeah, I would imagine that the more times you quit, the harder it would get.  You wanna dwell on that thought?  I don't think so.  It doesn't serve you well.  What serves you well is to pull up your big girl panties and get over it and on with it.  You want this or you don't.  If you want it (which you seem to), then DO it.  Accept the journey, go through it and become free.  Stop playing the victim and take CONTROL of your quit.  You actually have that choice.  You are not giving up anything, except your addiction.  You are CHOOSING freedom.  Yeah, freedom costs.  Are you willing to pay it or not?  A half-hearted yes won't do.  YELL IT OUT:  YES!!!!  As you said, Own it!

Ladybug--7-3-12

"Sometimes you just have to jump off the ledge & build your wings on the way down."

Yes, it CAN be hard to get up the "umph" & all the other qualities needed to re-quit AND in my experience the longer I continued to smoke after my relapse (after a year & a half quit) the harder it was to do it again because of the perceived "strong like" of addiction factor. 

DO IT ONE LAST TIME and remind yourself that you will never have to do it again.  I found it very helpful to journal daily how I was feeling, what I was thinking, etc.  Reading my "trials and tribulations" of the early days was a part of my "Stay Quit" plan.   It's a permanent reminder of what I went through & what I never want to have to go through again.  It is what it is -- just keep moving forward one minute one hour at a time until it becomes one day or one week at a time again.    

You did it before and you CAN do it again!  Believe in yourself!   Patty d927  

brenda-again

thank you giulia and ladybug. my sadness was only for about 3 minutes and right before the clock started it passed and I reached for crackers and soda. Went to a Memorial Service today lost a dear friend.  This girl will be going to bed soon as a non smoker and tomorrow waking up that way.  I so appreciate you guys.  This place is like a life preserver when you are drowning.   I am yelling now  I OWN THIS

Giulia

Good.  Maybe that will become your new mantra when times get tough:  I OWN THIS!

hampton

Hi Brenda..I'm proud of you!!! I'm proud of myself tooo! We can do this together,all of us. I have gained so much from this last final quit.It feels wonderful. Enjoy every minute of your quit,It truly is an amazing ride if you let it be.Peace,Deborah.Hugs.

brenda-again

Thank you Deborah Hugs to you too