cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A week already???

yogib
0 3 6

I can't believe it- a WEEK! Already!!! I feel a celebration about to happen! (LOL... any Oomi Zoomie watchers out there?) CRAZY SHAKE!!!

Working as a Nanny has brought out EVERY great trait that I felt I needed to surpress during Grad school in order to be taken seriously..... Patience, joy, endless energy.... A desire to be happy, strong and smoke free for the boys 🙂   If I weren't so in love with my other career, I might say I've missed my calling as a preschool teacher 🙂

I remember when I went downhill in January after quitting for almost 2 weeks... What happened? I let my guard down. I got too confident that I was in charge of everything, able to handle the stress, the uncertainty, and have "just one now and then" and not be a "smoker"... Well, that went well obviously... or not...

SO... my goal for the next 3 weeks is to avoid the confidence trap. I need to do my yoga daily. I am able to do it because I can breathe. I walk the boys almost 4 miles a day in their stroller, and I need my lung power to get up the beautiful mountain hills. I want to publish my book this year, so that when I'm no longer needed as a Nanny I can focus fulltime on my art career. I need the money to upkeep my cameras, make prints and market my work to the rest of the world 🙂  

I need to feel that my love, my talent and my happiness adds something to the world. Smoking was my way of keeping my joy safely in a box, afraid that I would fail if I tried to do something great in the world.

I have been smoke free for 7 days. I have saved $63. I have saved my purpose in life as well. 🙂

3 Comments
Breakinchains

When you quit smoking, you do more than just quit smoking. A lot of things change. Do not fear the change, but charge head-long into it running at full speed. I think you are on the right track. Keep going. Congratulations!

Strudel

Congrats on one week! Great plan to protect that quit!

onvacation

WOOOHOO to a week!