cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A very good day to all ▪

MarilynH
0 7 12

My husband is off to work and he's finally used to his new job after six weeks, plus he likes it yay and I like having him home each evening yay and waking up to a warm house is definitely a plus, this is my second Christmas without the crutch of cigarettes and it's fantastic, on the 14th of January I will have 18 beautiful months of smoke free living and continuing on with my forever quit. It's definitely not easy in the first few weeks and it can trip you up in the first few months as well but quitting smoking is absolutely doable and remaining quit is absolutely doable as well. We just need to want it and for me, I wanted it more than anything else in life and I still do and my life is so much better. The first few weeks of my quit was absolutely horrible but I made a promise to myself that I would never pick up another cigarette as long as I live and I don't break promises to anyone including myself so If I was having a tough time I'd come to this site and there was always someone here to help me through it, someone might look at me the wrong way and I would want to rip their face off or maybe I'd start blatting like a baby but after two or three weeks things started to even out and I could see the light at the end of the tunnel. I knew that I was going to make it through . I still had some roller coaster ups and downs off and on through the the first few months but hey, I smoked for 40 yrs so I had to understand that it was definitely going to take some time to get used to not smoking but it's sooooooo very worth it so stay strong and hang tough because quitting smoking is the best decision for you and for me. It really does get easier as time goes on don't give up, keep moving forward . My grandson Mason is waking up so I better go say good morning to him.

7 Comments
About the Author
I'm a proud Gram of 2 grandsons and a granddaughter and I consider myself a jack of all trades and a master of none, plus I enjoy reading and being outside and since quitting smoking breathing is so much easier because I'm not coughing half of my time sucking on a cancer stick....