cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A sheepish hello to all my friends

John10forteen
0 18 23

You guys & gals are something special. Hi Shawn & Smorgy, sorry I missed the Halloween bonfire. I could have contributed 17,505 death sticks to the fire. That's 45 tubes of poisen x 389 days "not smoked".$4376.00 saved (and that's rolling our own) Which reminds me, the wife is 5 days behind me and so all these numbers can almost be doubled. WOW WOW WOW.. Who woulda thunk it??

The new avatar picture is from us camping in Vermont (A real fire in the sky "Sunset"). It must have been a reflection of the great bonfire you had. We were up there for 7 days, no phone or internet service. It was our first camping trip with our 2 cats..... They did awesome! 

I do miss my ex friends. Coming into this winter, of course reminds me of last winter when I was into my first days of my forever quit. I wonder how Debbie is going to do with her water pipes this year. And many more memories of the amazing support that made me the strong non-smoker I am today.

Last year my sufferings and hardships were different than my sufferings and hardships this year. Smoking would only have added to the seemingly hopelessness of things sometimes. BUT for me, the "NOT SMOKING"  from one hour, to one afternoon, to one day and onward GAVE ME HOPE in myself. 

For you newbies.... Know you can do it, It's a choice. Maybe hard at first but sooooo beautiful and refreshing. Leave it and Love it!

Wife's quote, "Regardless of the money, at least I don't feel like I'm dying every day".

Peace

18 Comments