cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A long Look In The Mirror

james41
0 5 8

Good morning all, the happy quitter here, Yes still happy and wishing I could push the magic easy button and make everybody happy about it, especially when I see people depressed and struggling. It doesn't have to be, but I do realize that if you are not ready for a change it'll never work. I was ready for a life change way before I quit, altho quitting was definately going to be part of the life change. You see as a child and teen I was happy and nutty and fun, I got out in the world and saw real life and got hurt , and used , no different than most people. It made me bitter and I carrried grudges and anger and bitterness for a big part of my life, I thought that was just the way it was, I was terminally unique and a victim. I finally got tired,, sick and tired of feeling that way and started slowly toying with the idea that some of what I was feeling could be ME  not everybody else that was the problem, did some people really do me wrong? Yes. Was it reason to live bitterly for the rest of my life? NO. I slowly began to realize that if anything in my life was going to change, I was going to have to be responsible for it and realize I and only I had control over it. It's been a long slow process and I suspect if genuine self evaluation takes place it never ends. But the point is I became a much happier person and without the "Self Help" and self evaluation I might not of gotten this far quitting, no I'll not say might not , I'll say I know I would not have.

James,,, 129 Happy Nicotine/Smoke Free Days, After 2 packs a day for 36 years

5 Comments