Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A little rough today...

smurfette62_sherry
0 6 22

Hi everyone. 

I have had such a wonderful experience in my quit that it almost felt like I hit a brick wall this morning. I wrote my "good morning" blog and was all excited about another day as a non-smoker. I got ready for work and headed out the door. I stopped and got a cup of coffee at the same store I have stopped at a million times. I am on a first name basis with everyone in there.

After I left and headed to work, I had kind of a wierd sensation that lasted a good 10-15 minutes. I rolled down my car window and breathed in some morning air and I realized, I was having a major crave! Nothing significant happened or caused me to get angry or upset. This was the worst one I have had since quitting. It almost scared me. So pretty much all day I have been kind of sad. Or I guess disappointed would be a better word. I couldn't believe I could let a crave take over me like it did.

I didn't smoke but this was the hardest I have fought a crave. 

Of course, I didn't have an opportunity to get on here with my trusted friends that give me those great, encouraging words I so deperately needed. To make matters worse, my co-worker had to leave early today (which I had forgotten about) and I had to work a 10 hour day.

Later in the afternoon, a gentleman that works upstairs came in to see me and wanted to see how I was doing since my surgery and I told him all that the surgeon had removed. Then I told him I quit smoking. He was so elated. I told him I had not had one cigarette since September 30th and he was so excited for me. He gave me a big old bear hug and said he was so proud of me. THAT was just what I needed. I guess God knew I was suffering and I couldn't contact my online angels so he sent down one from upstairs! 

After that, I felt so much better. 

Whew... what a day!!!

6 Comments