cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A little over a week strong - frozen fruit and a fidget toy have kept me sane.

mollyhiers
10 8 374

I quit vaping 9 days ago. I started smoking cigarettes at 14, and was up to a pack a day by the time I was 17. At 24, I switched to vaping, and was an obsessive, constant vaper from the start. At 29 I am done with nicotine. It's the hardest thing I've ever done - harder than getting sober by a long shot, and that's saying something.

Frozen grapes and raspberries have kept my mouth busy (and helped with this new insatiable appetite) while a fidget toy from Amazon has kept my hands busy. Whenever I get a really strong craving during the day, I start spinning on my fidget toy until it goes away, and it really does help me get through the cravings. The frozen fruit (and sunflower seeds) are for the times I would mindlessly vape - in the morning before I leave for work, after work when I'm watching TV or reading.

It's really been worth all the effort, all the mood swings, all of the little tips and tricks. I'm feeling really emotionally strong. I'm tasting my food more. I finally feel like I can do this!

8 Comments