cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A few nights ago....

yelnats
0 5 9

A few nights ago, trying to sleep; chest feels tight, heavy. Cant inhale too deep without caughing.

Laying on my back, not comfortible, roll to the left; strange 'clicking' noise as I exhale..

Roll to the right; creepy littly wheezy sounds..

"Just get up, move around, have some hot tea" I tell myself.

Getting out of bed, its cold, dark, went and had some hot tea.

"Maybe I should have a cigg with my tea". 

Go out to the patio, light one up, take a big drag.. uncontrolable caughing.. almost gagging on the tea..

heart pounding in my chest.. tears in my eyes.

"This is going to stop", I said..

A few nights ago...

5 Comments
YoungAtHeart

Keep this blog handy to remind you of why you are quitting.  It is quite a motivator!!!

Nancy

MarilynH

Yes keep this blog handy, maybe print it out and put it on your fridge where you can see many times throughout the day, quitting smoking is definitely doable and absolutely the best decision for you and your health. 

Sooz3

Best decision of your life you made there "a few nights ago" you've got this nailed!!!

Sootie

Stay Strong. There is never a bad time to quit smoking......................

yelnats

Was really hoping to cut my morning to 2 or 3 ciggies (smoked 4), but didnt sleep much, so I needed some extra stimulation.. Coffee alone wouldnt work.. Quit date is May 2nd, but I found that I can refrain from lighting up all day and night, but the morning routine is something I am going to have to work on. By my quit day, I want to have un-learned my triggers and gotten used to my change in behaviour.