cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A Traveler at The Gate

Storm.3.1.14
0 16 37

Today, I am standing before a granite archway and gate. Into the stone has been carved NO MAN'S LAND, and the path under it has been well-worn by the travelers that have ventured through before me.

In my messenger bag is a silver clock that counts days on its short hand and years on its long hand. It's only after the stroke of 30 that the clock becomes the key that will open the gate, and my clock is chiming now at 32. And it's a special clock, one of a kind, made just for me. If it is lost or damaged during the journey ahead, it cannot be replaced or repaired. I will have to return to the Square One Clockworks to get a new one. Henceforth and forevermore, I will protect this one with everything that I am.

In my hip pocket is a palm-sized stone slate. Engraved into one side is a single mantra: "One is too many, and one million is never enough". This is My Law, My Truth, and is the only commandment that will get me safely through to the other side...and beyond. And engraved into the opposite side are the names of the special mentors who have graciously and generously helped me reach this point. My Tribe.

Holstered to my back is an iron mallet. It is called "Brohammer", and it is a monster-smasher that was given to me by Jonnyfry. Into the handle is carved two words: NEVER AGAIN.

The clock chimes. The gate swings open. I set my boonie hat against the sun...and smile. This is the next moment of the journey, and I...am...ready.

The path is laid before me.

I enter.

STORM - 32

16 Comments
lindan_7-14-10

... and, you are greeted with open arms and thunderous applause!!!! Great blog, Storm🙂 Your words are empowering, encouraging, and overflowing with truth. Congrats to you for following in some great footsteps along the journeyed path to FREEDOM. May I just say, "WHOOT!!!!!WHOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lerlesherb

....and you're joined by me.  🙂  First time posting/replying to anything to date.  I've been reading your posts since I signed up on my 3rd day.  I really dig your blogs and found it comforting that we quit on the same day.  Thanks again for all of the great posts and congrats on making it to the entrance of NML!

Derek - 32

OldBones-Larry

Welcome to the journey my friend. Beware Ol Nic as you go. I left him laying in a puddle of Tar yesterday, but will never count him out. May I meet you along the path as I return for another caravan.

Larry the Caravan Master

rosemarymom

Hooray and good going!  We will be watching and pulling for you!  Carry on and keep your eyes open for the caravan master, Larry.  I hope to be behind you in 18 days or so

Ms.J_11-10-2013

Knock-em-dead slugger!!!!!!!!!!!

imageMs. "J"

LouiseR

Wonderful Storm, you are prepared and I know will be protecting your quit at all times during your journey!

Chris265

Wow!  Seems like just yesterday that you were chomping on Jamaican jerk chicken and dirty rice working your way through Day 4. 

I think you’ve got this. 

You are ready.

capitalDistrict

boom.  congratulations man!  glad to have more folks in nml.  keep on keeping on.

smorgy8513

In the dictionary along side the words "prepared" is a picture of Storm!

Great blog!

Sharon

cheryl_1-1-14

I'm SO proud of you!!  You got through the first month like a true champion.  I know you will navigate NML with just as much strength. 

Congrats on such a huge accomplishment.  Keep up the great work.  You deserve to be the best you you can be.  Keep up the great blogs.  You are an inspiration to us all. 

WELCOME TO NML!!!!  You got this!!

Ladybug--7-3-12

Congrats on Day 32! 

The gate at the bottom of the pathway, just like the bars of a prison cell, must be made to swing open only one way for a very good reason.  You are on probation as you continue to honor your choice to create a new smoke free life for yourself. 

Wonderful!  Keep on trekking --

Patty d637

Mrs.Rum

The only way out is through.  And the only way through is one step at a time.

You can do this.

newlife5

just keep on the path and you shouldnt have too much trouble..what ever you do dont beleive anything that ol nic tells you .you. cannot have just one...

we are all hear if you need any help just holler

Jaxson1-16-14

Congratulations Storm!! You have this my friend! Welcome to NML!! And as always I loved your blog!! 🙂 

cheyenne7

Welcome Storm.....your quit has gone by quickly, and smoothly....the captain at the helm has great control over his ship.....happy & honored to be in NML with you....

I have great faith in you.....you will succeed my friend : )

ACT269

Congrats Storm! AWESOME!