cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A Prayer To Wise-One Above

OldBones-Larry
14 30 591

Great Spirit, You who knows the heart of all men, hear the thoughts I send to the sky worlds on my breath. I bring the sacred mix for the pipe. I burn the sacred woods in the hearth. I bring the sweetgrass and sage bundles. Know my heart as true. Guide me as I tread Earth Mother and keep my path straight.

I ask you with humble heart to watch over all who today travel the hanging road to the lands of the ancestors. Guide them to the hearths of their ancestors. Fill their bowl with much meat. May they be happy there.

Watch over those of us that are still in this world you have given us. Guide us down the right trail. Smooth it as best you will for our moccasins. Heal those that are filled with the spirits of sickness. Make them whole and well once more. Heal the heart of those that mourn a relative that has traveled the hanging road. Give them peace.

I, Soaring Eagle, send my cries to you this day with the breath you have given me.

I speak no more. I am finished.

Tags (1)
30 Comments
promise_judy

Wow--Soaring Eagle. And all the Great Spirits Children say Amend!

Judy

newlife5

aho,great spirit hear our prayer for we are all related from the highest flying eagle to the smallest of crawling creatures... to all my relations aho

JRC

This I needed to save. Thank you so very much.

mary242

That was the most beautiful prayer I have ever seen...as I sit here with tears in my eyes reading it...I humbly thank you for sharing that.

needhelp01201

My tears are of thanks Oldbones, I belive in spirits& angels.PAPA Harvey:-)

Roxie-1-16-2014

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

LouiseR
Amen, keep the faith
Giulia

Where is this from?  You?  Or another source?   Need to know.  It speaks deeply to my heart. 

mary269

beautiful and very powerful . thank you for posting this prayer.

OldBones-Larry

Giulia, This is my heart which calls to Great Spirit each morning. It might vary slightly each day, but this is my communion with the Power above each day.

Giulia

I’ve no doubt the Great Spirit listens to such an outpouring of love.  Thank you for sharing the beauty of it and, the beauty of your spirit.

moody_9-18-13

Larry, Soaring Eagle, my friend, I am forever moved by your beautiful words spoken to the Great Spirit who watches over us all. Thank you for sharing your prayer with us.

kshields59

Amen; That is a beautiful prayer.

maria86

Thank you Larry 🙂 beautiful

nanawendy

Thank you, Soaring Eagle for sharing such a beautiful prayer

moody_9-18-13

Prayers you are feeling well. Miss you, my brother.

elvan

OldBones-Larry‌ I am really glad that you reposted this prayer...I had it on the desktop of the computer I lost and I have not been able to get anything off that yet.  It is seriously lovely and powerful.

Ellen

Christine13

Thank you Larry for this beautiful poem.  It is very pure and from the heart, soaring eagle.

virgomama

Ah Ho

Bellegonia

Amen

Giulia

So glad you reposted this.

constanceclum

I know I needed it! I don't know if your Great Spirit is the same as my Christian God, but I will use this in my daily morning prayer and meditation. Thank you for sharing.

Connie

virgomama

An eternal piece of work.  Love it.

SuzyQ411

Exquisite. Sacred. Thank you for sharing your heart with us oldbones-larry

Bellegonia

Amen

sweetplt

OldBones-Larry Thank you for reposting dear Larry and soaring Eagle ... Let there be Peace on this Earth...~ Colleen 572 DOF 

Thanks4listenin

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.  I am truly touched ☆

elvan

It is beautiful every time I read it.  Thank you, Larry.

Ellen

SuzyQ411

Amazing Larry OldBones-Larry‌. It touches my heart and stirs my spirit. Thank you for sharing this !!

virgomama

A prayer for the heart. This always comes my way when I need it most.

Thank you.

Cindy.

Hope you are well and happy, Larry.

About the Author
I am a male that underwent coronary artery bypass X3 (triple) on 10/22/13 at the age of 55. I was living on about 20-30% of one coronary artery and my left heart output was only 20% to 25%. I spent a week in the hospital after surgery and went home. Then had to go back a day later for another week because I had pneumonia. Finally a few days because of a slight arythmia. All told it has been about 2 1/2 weeks. I am past the cravings by now and only have the urges to contend with. I really don't suggest that anyone quits smoking using this technique though. I'll have to carry the scars from that day for the rest of my life. The large one down the center of my chest, and the ones from several "silent" infarctions. I came that close to the next world. Never again will I subject my body to that (at one point in my life I was smoking 5 packs of cigarillos a day). I now have to say N.O.P.E. (Not One Puff Ever) every day of my life. TheOldGoat-Joan, I miss you terribly my friend. Elder Lists Guilia's: (/blogs/Giulia-blog/2017/06/18/elders-list-ao-december-7-2016 ) or Smorgy's (Chronological Elder List)