cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A Note on Resilience

mattie1224
0 10 29

I woke up today and decided that I was not going to let my emotions or my smoking addiction (or lack thereof) run my life.  I decided today I would make the most of the time I have on this earth and make it productive.  

So, I proceeded to watch zero dark thirty (the new movie about the Osama Bin Laden's capture and death) with my two roomates.  Following this epic film, we got the wonderful idea to attend a speech given by the president of Afghanistan which was being held at Georgetown today.  This meant that we would have to leave shortly after the movie was over in order to wait in line (a long one at that) for about 1.5 hrs in the hopes of getting a seat, and then waiting another 1 hr for the program.  Luckily, we were able to get a seat and attend this speech and it was great! And while waiting in line for 1.5 hrs, we thought it best to study for our exam on monday - so we were even productive druing our boredom in line!

I am so impressed with my resolve to do something out of the ordinary today and mix things up and actually enjoy being alive.  This was the perfect mix of different and intrigue that took my mind away from smoking and medicine.  ANd now I am more energized to tackle the studying I need to accomplish for the test monday, which I will be attempting following the concluding line of this blog.  

Therefore, I am happy and thankful to be alive and smoke free today and am looking forward to many more days as such.  After all, its not everyday can one start off with "this one time I heard the Afghan president say...."  On that note - onward to studying lung compliance and PFTs (two things that would be greatly diminished had I remained a smoker!)

10 Comments
Ex_Nancy

Keep doing those new things that you had left behind years ago....I love your blogs! xoxo

jojo_2-24-11

You go Mattie! You should absolutely be proud of yourself for all that you accomplished in one day, not to mention quit smoking! OOPS I did! Great Job on your quit!

ginger34
Sounds like you had a great day!
I_am_free

Wow that sounds like a fantastic day.  Very wise choices you made.  How do you rate the movie?  Good luck on your upcoming exam.

freedom-38

Cool!

And way to go!

dvolgenau4

Yes a Happy  quiter ...like the legandary James ...keep up the good work sounds like a kick-ass ....smoke free day!

stonecipher

You WILL have many more happy, smoke free days like today.  Thanks for sharing.

SkyGirl

Go, go, Mattie!  I am proud.  You are doing wonderfully!

jboone

cool you are finding ways to occupy yourself and that I must say sounded real fun!!!  I am glad we shared a SMOKE-FREE day Keep it up FRIEND!:)

kris54

Mattie..... Every blog you write makes me smile!!  You are my inspriration for today!