cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A Long Time Coming

stadtlerj
2 20 97

Well it's finally here, I was so looking forward to this day.

There were times I never thought I'd ever see it but after 50+ years of smoking today I have reached one full year without a puff, who would have thought, not me.

I am on this site almost daily but rarely post but read all of the blogs and to me it has been very helpful.

This site has been very instrumental in my quit and I want to thank everyone for their contributions to this site whether it is writing a blog, commenting on someones blog with advise and encouragement what ever participation helps to sustain it. Thanks to the elders for hanging in here and helping us all on our journeys it really is quite a community that needs to be cherished and nourished not only for us but also for all those that come after us.

Thanks again for everyones encouragement, compassion, and true caring.

To quit smoking is absolutely doable and to those still smoking it is much easier to quit than your addicted brain is telling you, a change in attitude, a serious committment, education and support.

When did I realize I was free? I had to go to a trade show in the beginning of April in Vegas.

I got on a plane for a 5 hour flight with no aprehension I wasn't a wreck thinking about the trip for days dreading being without a cig for that long, and normally when I would land I would almost run through the airport to get out of the terminal to get that cig, right past baggage claim and I wouldn't have one I would have two or three in a row to make up for all that time not being able to have one, sometimes when I got back to get my bags they were the only ones left on the baggage carousel, all by themselves everyone else was already gone and on there way.

So as I was comely walking through the terminal going to get may baggage after a long 5 hour flight that's when it really hit me that I was finally free....Free at last, free at last, thank God all Mighty I am free at last!!!!

20 Comments
JonesCarpeDiem

Congratulations!

Jennifer-Quit

Big congratulations on one year!  It really is a good feeling!

LouiseR

Congrats and welcome to the 6% club!!

Ms.J_11-10-2013

WaaaaaHOOOOOOOOO Welcome to the 6% club.. We have been waiting for you and what a great job you have done.  I am giving you the key to all the golden opportunities you have ever dreamed of.  Freedom is yours now and forever.  Please guard it carefully!!!

xoxoxoxo

Ms J

djmurray

Congratulations!!  It's such an accomplishment to reach one year.  

annb
So very, VERY happy for you!!! WTG Congrats!!!! YAY!!!!!!
Magstoyou

Congrats on 1 yr. Welcome to the 6% club.

That was a bigmilestone for me too!!!

Mag 661DOF

Storm.3.1.14

sprinkles104-2

Congratulations!!!  What a great accomplishment 🙂  Way to go!!!

smorgy8513

Congrats Jim. 

Be sure to come and shout this out on the Freedom Train.....and look....you got 2 keys fo the 6% Club.....

elvan

Happy Anniversary and congratulations!!!

Mrs.Rum

Congratulations on a job well done.  

stadtlerj

Thank you all so much!!!

YoungAtHeart

Look who is

CONGRATULATIONS!  Guard it carefully!

Nsncy

exsmokermom

Let Freedom Ring!  Coongratulations!!!

Eric_L.

that is so awesome!!!!