cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A Huge Test

gvk123
0 4 7

I haven't updated in a while, but I've been smoke-free for exactly 8 days now (since last week Saturday)....and I had a huge test today...I went out drinking with some buddies today at an old bar. They all drank and smoked. I also indulged in a few beers (on another note, I'm don't drink very often, just a few beers every month, nothing harder) But the point is I DIDN't SMOKE!!!!

In all honesty, I expected to WANT TO smoke, but I didn't. My buddy sitting next to me smoked a cigaretter, but then didn't smoke any more when he realized I wasn't even trying to bum a cig off of him. He didn't smoke again for the night. I didn't feel for it, and now I'm home, a litle tipsy, but still have not smoked. I think that was a major test, and I'm gonna call that a success. It's kinda good to know, because this upcoming week, I have several Christmas parties I want to attend, and I was a bit worried, but if I don't feel the urge around my closest buddies, then I think I'm gonna be okay.

Just felt the need to share this with you guys.

4 Comments
here4help

Great job...keep it up!! 

Almost 19 days for me.......I was out last night  at a 50th birthday party with some smoking friends and it was actually kind of funny for me to watch them bundle up to go outside and smoke while I stayed inside, relaxed and continuing to converse with the non-smokers...I loved it....We're doing it and it's something to be be really proud of.

maynell

You go GV! Good job with that. I'm proud of you because this is the time of year when slip ups are the easiest. Stay strong and rock on!

gvk123

Good! I'm proud of you indeed.!

I'm reminded of an ad I saw on TV (I'm not sure if it's an ad for Become An Ex itself) of a woman who makes  cocktail at her workplace just to go outside to smoke and the announcer says "You don't drink everytime you smoke, so why smoke everytine you drink?" It's an amusing ad, but it's one thing that kept running through my mind tonight, in all honesty.

succeedingthistime

Good for you!!! YAY!!!  You can do this.  That commercial you saw was for this site.  It's so funny.  Do be careful this weekend.  Congrats on day 8!  I am at 23 and I don't know about you, but one day is NOT like the next.  One day I will feel so perfectly normal and the next be bouncing off walls or ready to do bodily damage to the first person I think deserves it.  What I mean is don't be over confident.  Be on guard and if you feel like you should just stay in, then do it.  Be good to yourself!!!  Good Luck to you and Merry Christmas.  Let us know how it goes for you!!

Kim