cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A Disappointing Week So Far

Justdeda1
5 12 182

Deda here, middle of the night feeling like I need my EX people, my EX smokers EX nicotine consumers EX … 

This really is a great place.  Reading other people’s tsuris posts, whether from smoking, from life without smoking, or from life unrelated to smoking but experienced by people who have come to this community to gain some validation of the difficulties involved in nicotine cessation and discovered a whole world of info and community they never knew existed!

This week, 

a friend died Sunday no cigs Day 20

funeral Monday no cigs (very difficult) Day 21

attempts at and difficulty with self-expression via post signature in EX on Sunday and Monday in spite of admin assist No cigs, but on my mind

Chat with old friend re quit, no cigs …and remembered why we stopped chatting years ago, no cigs, very hard

PMD appt Monday before leaving area for the funeral, to hopefully get medical speech about why my blood sugar was so low on Day 1 or 2 (to bolster the information received here), and to assure me that I’m not diabetic or to have my hand held if I am, and to get some kind of breathing assessment post quit, since my pmd is a pulmonologist.  MD behaved oddly, very disappointing after 1.5hr wait. 
Still unable to personalize something in EX, problems with new-for-me laptop and ditto phone, getting tired of being disappointed and upset  

Tuesday, very very disappointing blood test results, very upsetting  Day 22 no cigs

Went to meet with landscaper for a large-ish community garden I’ve been volunteered to create based on my ability to arrange cut flowers.  🙄  Disappointing again, becoming more upset, go to the supermarket to spend money on food instead of cigarettes, apparently attempting to replace the 20lbs lost very recently.  
another lost-in-the-past friend called to ask me to come fly out to her and be in her motorhome trailer for a week, we could hang out, we could talk.  She still smokes. 

Cooked, ate, finally got online.  Saw Trish’s bad day, and everyone’s comments, and want to say

thank you EXcommunity

for reminding me

that we all have lives

that we all have our own personal hopes and disappointments 

that this is a place where we can share a little of those things with each other, or with a blank page plus our imagination 

because we have something in common:

the understanding that we need each other to be our advocates with and for ourselves and each other 

because we all have gone through or are going through or will go through

something very similar, to wit, life without nicotine  

we are helping each other to swim and not to drown 

deda

12 Comments
About the Author
In my real life, I have worked as a practical and registered nurse on two continents. I'm a mother of two, grandmother of six, and love to arrange flowers and cook intricate meals. Neither the flower arrangements nor the results of my adventures in the kitchen are ever replicable. I hope this means something good. I'm tired of smoking, and look forward to being a person who can go up steps without stopping (-: