Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

A Decade Of Freedom From Tobacco

JonesCarpeDiem
3 26 320

Image may contain: text

26 Comments
Thomas3.20.2010

Look what you gained by staying Smoke FREE for 10 Years!

Lung cancer is the biggest risk to a smoker’s life. Within 10 years of quitting, the chance of death from lung cancer is half that of a smoker. The risk from other cancers such as mouth and pancreatic have reduced significantly.

When smoking, the heart works harder to pump smoke-ridden blood and this leads to increased risk of heart attacks and disease. After 10 years smoke-free, the risk of heart disease is the same as a non-smoker.

One Day at a time!

Smoke Freedom is Abundant Living!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

PennyLynn7407

You are an inspiration and a guide to me on my smoke-free journey, and I am very thankful to walk this road with you. Congratulations Dale!

susan_m
Congratulations on this amazing milestone! Thanks for all that you do here....you make a big difference in the quit process for so many of us! Onward! Susan
MarilynH

Congratulations Dale on your precious, stupendous, splendiferous, fantastic, fabulous, amazing, delightful, beautiful, marvelous, awesome, humongous, ginormous, wonderful, glorious and spectacular 10 yrs of smoke free living and counting WTG my friend and Fellow Exer, you totally rock and have helped me and so many others to stay on the straight and narrow path of this journey to remain quit and continue to choose Freedom! Thank you and congratulations again on your 10 yrs of smoke Free living! ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ 

Bonnie11.3.2009
Good for you Dale, 10 years smoke free is amazing!!
Jennifer-Quit

Congratulations Dale and a big Thank-you for all you do to help others!

TerrieQuit

Congratulations on 10 years, Dale! Thank you for staying around here to help others! and giving us things to laugh about! ❤️

Terrie 26 DOF

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

Dotgirl_1-28-16

Congratulations on your awesome 10 years of freedom, you are so rocking this fabulous quit of yours!

c2q

The most powerful blog I've read this year.

Or any year.

Thanks. Congratulations on a quit well lived.

Magstoyou

Congratulations Dale on 10 Years!!!

Mags at 1265 DOF

Daniela2016

Congratulations on becoming the master of your life, and Thank you for teaching so many of us we can follow your lead, we are safe making the same decision you made!

Your tools (answers) might sometimes be rough, sometimes be funny, profound, full of wisdom, sarcastic, short, or cryptic, sensitive, or hard to accept, but they always reach some of us who need them.

Thank you Dale for being you, the 10 years old EX!

Mike.n.Atlanta

Congratulations on 10 years of smoke freedom my friend!

KOKO,

tjanddj

Congratulations Dale on your 10 year quit!

RachelMB

Dale,

You're such an inpiration!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I wouldn't be where I am without your guidance my friend! 🙂

Rachel

HealthyOrange

WOW, Dale!  10 years, that's huge!

Congratulations!!

Celebrate you!  You are truly AWESOME!

xoxo

elvan

WOW, congratulations, Dale.  Thanks so much for sticking around to help those of us who are following you, I am not sure I could have made it without your sense of humor.  Thank you, thank you, thank you and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Giulia

Where would we all be wihout your wit, pointed remarks and wisdom.  You've saved a lot of lives here, Dale.  And I, for one, am especially glad one of them is yours!

HAPPY

maryfreecig

Awesome!

luliper

All the good you do comes back to you!!! Congratulations! You ROCK!!!!

Silverstar

Congratulations, Dale.

Strudel

Dale - You are THE MAN! Congratulations on 10 years! Thank you so much for staying here and helping SO many people - including me!! 

indingrl

Congrats Dale on TEN YEARS!!!  Thank you for teaching ME to take it seriously ONE day at a time in Jesus name amen  May God bless you with many more nicotine free days in Jesus name amen and amen 

freeneasy

Congrats Dale! Thanks for hanging around here and helping all of us. This place wouldn't be the same without you!

paulh

Dale, congratulations and Happy New Year!

Chris265

Congrats on 10 years Dale.  And thanks for being here day in day out moving us all along! 

green1611

big 10k times congratulations to you !!! thanks for sharing gr8 article.

All the best. Will follow you.......sure

Day 1135

About the Author
Hello, My name is Dale. I was quit 18 months before joining this site and had participated on another site during that time. I learned a lot there and brought it with me. I joined this site the first week of August 2008. I didn't pressure myself to quit. HOW I QUIT I didn't count, I didn't deny myself to get started. When I considered quitting (at a friends request to influence his brother to quit), I simply told myself to wait a little longer. No denial, nothing painful. After 4 weeks I was down to 5 cigarettes from a pack a day. The strength came from proving to myself, I didn't need to smoke because I normally would have smoked. Simple yes? I bought the patch. I forgot to put one on on the 4th day. I needed it the next day but the following week I forgot two days in a row I put one in my wallet with a promise to myself that I would slap it on and wait an hour rather than smoke. It rode in my wallet my first year.There's nothing keeping any of you from doing this. It doesn't cost a dime. This is about unlearning something you've done for a long time. The nicotine isn't the hard part. Disconnecting from the psychological pull, the memories and connected emotions is. :-) Time is the healer.