John10forteen
0 14 28

Chore #1 Don't smoke

Chore #2 Don't Smoke

Chore #3 don't do it!

Chore #4 N.O.P.E.

Chore #5 Stay strong

Chore #6 Stay rested

Chore #7 Breath easy, Pat myself on the back, plan for another wonderfully successful day tomorrow.

I'm a WEEK QUITTER today and am a bit surprised I'm still having a hard time focusing and unable to use my freedom time towards productive activities. 

I did sweep my chimney yesterday, cleaned out the fireplace and smoke chamber....... AND MY WIFE is on day 2 smoke free. She's fragile, stubborn about doing it her way, ready to break every minute. I cannot suggest this site (already have) to her because I say "white" and she hears "black".  BUT as I absorb from this site, Like rain, persuasion should be soft and gentle to nourish the plant not harsh and heavy as to destroy and wash away the roots.

I took liberty with "Dancingthrulife's" poem she had posted on an earlier blog. I really like it as I have the sensitivity of a bull dozer by nature. I also mimicked several other comments and facts the EX community has shared with me and they did help her make it another hour, 2 .3 . 4 etc.

It was my wife's idea to quit smoking and she's using chantix and I wasn't really ready to quit, but as the bag of tabacco and box of tubes dwindled, I made the choice and now am glad of it.

So, back to the chores: In the beginning... Backlog of officework...... Crippled smokefree efforts ........ Well, It's piling up again but now it's only one week and it's now or never. One Day Smokefree Doing *&#@!& Officework! 

7 days clean. It feels good.

14 Comments
Rhia

Good job on 1 week smoke free John!

kristine5-27-14

Enjoy that feeling John! You've earned it! 

suzanne41

Congrats on 1 week!!  You got this!!

promise_judy

Well 1 week smoke free is Wonderful.

Changing your life around requires some time but here are some suggestions that may help.

1. Make sure you take breathing (relaxation) breaks as often as you need them. focus on your breath.

2. Make sure you take exercise (go for a walk) breaks. While walking or other exercises, focus on your body and breath; make sure you clear you mind by being present with what you are doing.

3. Make a list of things you really enjoy doing and pick one each day and DO IT.

4. Find out what things your wife really enjoys doing and make sure you cover things that need to be done so she can do them.

5. Laugh alot at simple things (I laugh at craves, laugh at my mistakes, and give special attention to others when they need it).

You have the time now to do all of these things and more now that your not smoking so pay attention to the small things and don't sweat the big things.

You are doing GREAT, keep on adding those smoke free days.

XOXO

JonesCarpeDiem

You've made it a week John. There is absolutely no reaswon you can't make it a lifetime.

smorgy8513

John, Congrats on 1 week.....Now you move from Hell Week to Heck Week!    

I was going to add #8 to your chore list Take Care of Yourself but I see that Judy beat me to it.     Good advice.....take heed!

Stay close here.....and let your wife do her Quit and you do yours.....encourage each other but don't think that 1 depends on the other!

Sharon 444 DOF

meWisconsin

Great job on 1 week smoke free. You have the right attitude. Week 2 is a little easier but the big thing is how much better you feel. Keep on keeping on.

John10forteen

Sometimes things are said that just stick to your core. Last week many inspirational and ecouraging things were posted, not just to me but in general. 

My 3 best (Excuses, Exuses, Excuses by Thomas of ) (Rain poem from Dancingthrulife) (HELL WEEK changing to Heck Week by Smorgy)

Thanks Sharon and love the 444 DOF. This week was hell week for sure and I can definetly see next week as heck week. Thanks for the brain seed.

Have a great day.

MarilynH

Stay strong and stay close to this site, you really are doing great I like your attitude wk 2 definitely should be easier but as the elders say it going to take quite a while to unlearn the habit of smoking be patient with this horrid addiction. You and your wife will kick the nicodemon to the curb. 

cookie804

so proud of you and your wife. Support each other and you will make it. I am so proud of you.

Junior7

Congrats to both you and your wife!  Things will get easier!

hellbilly_va2

Congratulations on your first smoke free week. Those feelings of accomplishment and empowerment over your addiction is exactly what I was referring to as fuel for your quit. Feels good, don’t it? It’ll take a little time yet for your energy and clarity to return to normal. Remember, it took you more than a few weeks, months, even years to fully develop your addiction to the point it was when you decided to quit smoking. It only makes sense that it will take an almost equal amount of time to be fully free again. You’re doing an excellent job so far, keep up the good work.

Outstanding job your wife is doing as well. Be sure to give her a big ol hug and let her know you got her back. Everyone needs to overcome their addictions in their own way to be truly successful. What works for one may not be enough for another, and vice versa. The best anyone can do or hope for is to have all the encouragement and support available when the time comes that it’s needed. Excuse #1- I’m scared of not knowing what to expect when I quit smoking. Done and done. Again, congratulations to the both of you.             Tom

moody_9-18-13

Wonderful news about your wife quitting too! 

My husband quit a couple of days after me and that first couple of weeks were very difficult with two people going through withdrawal. But, we did it! Then, a very emotional situation arose and he went back to smoking.   

He began smoking again after almost 3 months of freedom.  His EXcuse for stopping at the store to purchase that pack was a sad time for both of us, as he had been with our long time pet, Thor when he went to Rainbow Bridge. He called me at work from the Veterinarian's office to make sure I was in agreement the only humane thing left was to allow Thor to pass on without pain. 

I had never seen my husband break down and cry so hard in our lives and then I saw him take that pack out of his jacket and I could not say one word to him at that moment because I knew it would do no good.  He continues to smoke since that day in December last year. 

I moved forward and now am quit over one year.  I tell you this because YOUR QUIT belongs only to YOU.  No matter what, it is YOURS to keep or YOURS to lose. 

You are doing great, heck week is easier, so just keep moving forward.  I recall the week after heck week, I was very tired....I called it weak week! 

Take care of yourself, it's very important to your continued success. 

Sootie

So glad about your wife joining you......

Hate to tell you but I struggled with the "not focused" stuff for over a month. Still----one day the fog lifts and its over.

Soon, its all over and you no longer count the days----you are a NON SMOKER for good.