cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your quitting journey

96 Days In

Want2Stop4ever
6 7 182

I hit 96 days clean today. But, I’m not here to celebrate. I’m here to get some things off my chest.

It hit me today that those physical habits have subsided. When I get in the car, before I eat, after I eat, before I go to bed. All those triggers are gone.

Let me tell you about the cravings. It’s been awhile since I’ve felt those but have been coming on strong these past couple of weeks. I even dreamt about having a cigarette. Life stressors have been strong lately and I’m still learning to deal with those. It’s crazy how one little thing like a stick of nicotine can have such a hold on your life. 

Now let me tell you what saves me. Getting private messages from other members checking up on me, taking in cold deep breaths outside, just sitting in a quiet room with my thoughts. All of these are helping me get through this. Popping in here and reading how other people are doing. I’m not alone in this and neither is anyone who are visiting this community, even if it’s just every once-in-awhile.

Before I close this entry out, I want to give a big heartfelt thanks and a huge hug to @SuzyQ411 for being such a great inspiration and checking up on me. Your messages mean so much! 

7 Comments